Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

How can I add color to the, now white, outer borders/frames (left and right) of this template?

As a total css newbie I found Bluecafe´s post in the “Come on” thread to be very valuable and it has helped me to identify all areas of the template except from the outer borders.

Thanks!

bluecafe Friend

Hi, if you want a border around the whole template you need to look for the div that includes it all, which is #ja-wrapper.

In the css file you will find the css commands for #ja-wrapper somewhere in the middle where it says “main layout divs”. Now you just need to include another line containing the css command for the border, for example:

#ja-wrapper {

border: 1px solid #ccc;
    }

If you want to make the border thicker just increase the number of pixels for the border width at the beginning, if you want another color just change the color at the end of the command. If you want you can also exchange solid against double or groove which will give the border a different look.

If you want the border just at the left and the right side use border-left and border-right instead of the plain border command. Good luck and have fun with CSS ! 🙂

trimmades Friend

Thanks bluecafe!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  trimmades 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum