Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I need to add banner in left position, but i don’t know how to remove styling (cornered white background)

Any ideas?

msmedia Friend

Please help me with this problem – this is very important to me.

Urszula Dziki Friend

Ok what I did I created new style in for moduletable for my website that does not include background assign name as -transp and then applied that style to module. I did it in template.css. You don’t have to display title but you can change that too. I am not sure if it is the best action but it worked for me.

something like this

div.ja-moduletable-transparent, div.moduletable-transparent and use suffix as -transparent when I don’t want background
    then I changed css3.css to adjust for corners and shades – I think it is what you asking. So go there and assign own suffix there in css3 That is what I did
    div.ja-moduletable-transparent, div.moduletable-transparent {
    -moz-border-radius:0px 0px 0px 0px;
    -moz-box-shadow:0 0px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    }

I hope that helps

msmedia Friend

All works great – only problem was the correct css3.css file because I’m using orange profile. 🙂

And one more question:
    How to remove left margin for this module (see attachment) ?

1. space
    Saguaros Moderator

<em>@msmedia 198053 wrote:</em><blockquote>All works great – only problem was the correct css3.css file because I’m using orange profile. 🙂

And one more question:
    How to remove left margin for this module (see attachment) ?</blockquote>

Can you pls provide me the link to your site.

Thanks

rudyespinosa Friend

Any chance you can post the exact code changes that you made to remove the background?
    Did you figure out how to remove the margin?

aman204 Friend

<em>@rudyespinosa 201316 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any chance you can post the exact code changes that you made to remove the background?
    Did you figure out how to remove the margin?</blockquote>

1) Removal of background:: Please view this:::

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-avoid-banner-picking-up-the-white-bg/

2) Did you figure out how to remove the margin?:: You can also add these properties::

margin:0 !Important;padding:0 !Important;; to sugested css attribute

SP Media Friend

Generally adding a -nostyle suffix to a module does the job.

richardt1808 Friend

Hi,

May I remind you that the method you gave to remove the background did not work for me. I didn’t get any other suggestion on removal, so please could you explain your recommended steps in more detail because there are clearly quite a few people with this problem and you guys have not answered our query.

Thanks

SP Media Friend

Do you have a link to your site?

richardt1808 Friend

<em>@spmedia 201632 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you have a link to your site?</blockquote>

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. I have removed all the banners for now, so linking to the site won’t help you see the problem. Take a look at my original thread here

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showt…p-the-white-BG

to see the issue with a banner in User1 position. I figured out another way to remove the styling in the meantime by directly editing the template.css but I am not sure if it will affect other modules as well. I also ran into a problem when trying to modify the actually banner size and kept crashing the page, so I may give up on banners for the moment 🙁

Cheers

SP Media Friend

Ouch.

I’m just checking out the User1 position on my setup.

Will shout shortly.

SP Media Friend

Right, it looks like it’s down to JA actually. It’s something that happens frequently. But any banner you have cannot be suffixed – it’s always wrapped in a moduletable div, which in our case has CSS attributes on it. See attached.

The only way to, maybe, but it’s a long shot, is to try a custom html module. Though, that may not work.

I’m not sure of any effective way to combat this without removing the CSS entries and modifying the banner html block. If you just remove the CSS attributes on template.css (line 607), pretty all modular margins will disappear site-wide.

1. module
    richardt1808 Friend

Haaa,

Okay, many thanks for your reply. With all the things I had tried, I imagined that this was some kind of a limitation and you explained it perfectly. I can live without having banners per se in my site and I could probably just insert them manually in certain articles as needed.

Much appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator

in your case you should make a suffix class to complete this issue

for example: you will crate a new suffix class: mybanner, you put this text into the suffix class of the banner module

and then add the following code into the template.css file

.mybanner, .mybanner div{
    background:none!important;
    margin:0!important;
    padding:0!important;
    }

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  tonyzee 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum