Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello There

I want to place an image over the header image for some of the menu item, I have different images for different menu item so it will be foolish to use a different template for every pic. I tried using inline css with high zindex and negative top position but the image is below the logo. do you have an idea how to impliment such task ?

I added a screenshot

Thanks

Amit

1. page
    TomC Moderator

Hi Amit:

Which template are you working with?

n6rej Friend

@tom I’m thinking he’s wanting image tooltip which I’ve not figured out yet either… i filed jira for it which you might want to watch for.

amit_gur Friend

Hey

I guess I wasn’t clear enough. I added 3 pics for differet menuutem chosen in forntend. look at the trumpeter side’ the Hebrew text near him changes according to the differet menuitem. it is clear now ?

I’m using JASocial template

Amit

1. meniitem1
    2. meniitem2
    3. meniitem3
    n6rej Friend

oh wow, very nice trick… I’m sure tom will have excellent suggestion for you when he gets to work today

chavan Friend

Post your Site Url to help you. also with your admin details.

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon

TomC Moderator

<em>@amit_gur 278217 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey

I guess I wasn’t clear enough. I added 3 pics for differet menuutem chosen in forntend. look at the trumpeter side’ the Hebrew text near him changes according to the differet menuitem. it is clear now ?

I’m using JASocial template

Amit</blockquote>
    Amit:

It’s looking like you may need to adjust/set your et z-index for the css styling related to that element to something like “999” (or a higher value). For some reason, the JA Devs set some of the z-index values high – so this causes some overlap from time to time when trying to modify certain things.

amit_gur Friend

Hey Thanks Tom

But It didn’t work out. I set the z-index to a very high number yet the picture didn’t cover the menu or the header
    any ideas?

My tests can be examined here
    http://www.menagenet.co.il/nologon
    I don’t know were to input the site admin params

Amit

n6rej Friend

escalated to ticket… please put your admin info there. Tom will be able to better help you that way.

amit_gur Friend

Hey n6rej

Where can I edit my ticket details? My best guess is here: http://support.joomlart.com/staff/index.php?/Tickets/Ticket/View/82244 but my user/password won’t get me logged on.

Amit

n6rej Friend

Thats odd, I’ll let tom or one of the admins know… I don’t have authority to fix that.

TomC Moderator

In order to achieve this “different header for different menu items” effect, it seems to me that what you are going to need to do is create a “custom theme” template override (also referred to as “output overrides”) within your Template Manager and your template theme folder.

Here is the Joomla documentation describing the process –> http://docs.joomla.org/Understanding_Output_Overrides

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum