Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi guys

I am using t3_bs3_blank-default template. In the tpls folder, my default .php has the loadBlock(‘spotlight-2’). The block ‘spotlight-2’ has the following code

<?php if ($this->checkSpotlight(‘spotlight-2’, ‘position-5, position-6’)) : ?>
    <!– SPOTLIGHT 2 –>
    <div class=”container t3-sl t3-sl-2″>
    <?php $this->spotlight(‘spotlight-2’, ‘position-5, position-6’) ?>
    </div>
    <!– //SPOTLIGHT 2 –>
    <?php endif ?>

Unfortunately default container is t3-sl 33-sl-2 has it own specific height and padding.

With the foregoing, i want to add a two column in a position-top at the top. If i use the above codes the position-top is too high.

Hope you can point to fast way out. Thanks.

chavan Friend

can you please post your site Url with screenshot

fuzmic Friend

Chavan, I am only putting my hands in T3 to play with layout in the local host

To help you better understand what i have in mind, attached is the screen shot of the topmostmost “hello-position” (see red box). In this topmost position i have added an html.module with 2 loadposition which do not work because it is not an article.

If i have 3 columns or 3 positions in this top position, i can place extension module in each of them instead of one.

Hope you can enlighten me. Thanks.

1. hello-position
    chavan Friend
    fuzmic Friend

Ok will try fixing it there as you suggested.

chavan Friend

Also if it is going to be a css fix, then you need to post your site live, Until then it is hard to solve the spacing.

Scott Lavelle Friend

For this sort of thing, here is what you will probably want to do:

Put the spotlight-2 in that loadblock line in the physical location where you want the two-position spotlight to load (default-content-left.php or whatever)

Go to the template in the admin backend and modify that to show 2 positions, using the 1-6 block choices presented there and choose the two module positions that you want to show there.

Put your content in those two module positions – using Custom HTML or whatever is appropriate for that content.

This will automatically put them spread into the two columns (the width of each being specified by the “responsive view” settings you have in the template layout on the back end.

Then in your custom.css file (in the templatest3_bs3_blankcss folder), add something like this:

div.t3-sl-2 {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    }

Since the default padding is 40px on the top and bottom of a spotlight area, this will override that. Adjust according to how much spacing you want above and below accordingly.

In the event that you want to do a {loadposition whatever} in your modules, you need to set that module to process plugins – this goes for other plugins as well as the loadposition. You do this in the module settings under the options tab in “prepare content” set to Yes (default is no) so that it actually processes that directive instead of showing the text.

In this case, it seems that you wouldn’t load a position into another position though, so if you are using Custom HTML modules, just put your content into them directly and no article or {loadposition} would be necessary,

Does all that make sense? Does it help?

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

fuzmic Friend

Scott, Thank you for a direct answer, will study:-*

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  fuzmic 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum