Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello, Kranos comes with custom fonts like “TeX Gyre Adventor” (Not google font).

Now, i want to add my own fonts that I download and purchased from font specific sites, I want to add this fonts and then be able to use in new styles.

TY in advance!

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can find the solution how to add new font into JA Kranos Template

Open templates/ja_kranos/css/template.css file

see this script

@import url(../fonts/tex_gyre_adventor/stylesheet.css);

Open templates/ja_kranos/fonts/tex_gyre_adventor/stylesheet.css file and apply the same way to TeX Gyre Adventor font

Don’t forget to clear cache from admin area after changing

nsca Friend

Ill try! TY!

Was hard but not impossible! =) TY Ninja!

Now… how I add my new style to a module title (in the backend>templates>edit template) I have an option to assign a Google font to a specific place (like global, menu, etc) but I want to add my new font (not google fonts) to a all module titles. How?

Ninja Lead Moderator

I found this link on joomla forum, hope it helps you to understand more then

richnyc30 Friend

What’s in the stylesheet.css that I have to add? The wording was vague.

I’m still confused. I’m using Argo template and want a font to show up in the editor and for use in the css files.

How do you make a font family?

I’m seeing lots of complex ways in the forums and nothing makes sense.

TomC Moderator

Perhaps THIS REFERENCE may help ??

richnyc30 Friend

No, I want to use a ttf font, not a Google font.
    What is the font stuff in ThemeMagic?
    I can’t imagine why I would have to go into PHP code.
    And again, how do I make the font family like I see in the folder /variableangles.com/templates/ja_argo/fonts/font-awesome/font

I can’t seem to find docs for any of these things. It can’t be that hard to add a ttf font.

Ninja Lead Moderator

From the templates/ja_argo/css/bootstrap.css file, you can see sample to add ttf font:

@font-face {
    font-family: 'FontAwesome';
    src: url('../fonts/font-awesome/font/fontawesome-webfont.eot');
    src: url('../fonts/font-awesome/font/fontawesome-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('../fonts/font-awesome/font/fontawesome-webfont.woff') format('woff'), url('../fonts/font-awesome/font/fontawesome-webfont.ttf') format('truetype');
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
    }

TomC Moderator

The tutorial below may shed some additional light on using @FontFace . . . . .

How To Use @FontFace for Alternative Fonts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum