Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi friends,

We I design a website for a customer, I always have problem to charge the customer when the customer keep asking me to change this and change that.

May I know is there anyway to restrict them or to charge them for making any changes during the website under development?

Thanks for your advice!
    Kent

tonyg Friend

These problems are not easy to resolve if there’s no formal contract in place. Ensure you have a clear, concise and professional looking contract for all your future clients.

Some important considerations to cover in your contract are: scope of work; client amends and revisions; dealing with client delays; milestones and project completion; payment terms; maintenance and technical support; client or third party site modifications; liability if things go wrong etc.

Client Amends and Revisions
    It doesn’t matter if you want to allow two client revisions or ten, or whether you plan on presenting one mockup or 100, so long as both you and the client have a clear understanding of what to expect. When the final revision comes along, the client should understand that all of the changes he wants must be included in this version, or else he may be subject to additional charges.

cansay Friend

The problem is that your customer has a hard time deciding how a thing should work, and it is hard to write 60-70 pages with screenshots and explenations for a custom site.

I think it is a question of explaining and showing a demo site.

Maybe have 1 demo site and then tell the customer to use this for 2-5 hours and see how it works.

BTW im no developer 🙂 But had a custom template developed, and because I was new to joomla I dident understand how it worked.

magnus1 Friend

Having templates, i.e. demo sites is a good idea. Most customers aren’t too clear on what they want, so having a visual reference can be very helpful. Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  magnus1 14 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum