Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’d like to put an image where the text should be in the tab. Is this possible and how do I do this? I can’t seem to find a manual for using JA Tabs module.

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tangierc 262530 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’d like to put an image where the text should be in the tab. Is this possible and how do I do this? I can’t seem to find a manual for using JA Tabs module.

Thanks.</blockquote>

Here is your first point of reference –> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-tabs-userguide-2/And here is your second —> http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-tabs-userguide-2/

🙂

tangierc Friend

When I click both links, I cannot see anything because the message says I am not a member and don’t have permission to access the page. This is strange because I am a joomlart templates member, and it’s strange that I have to be a member just to view a user guide.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tangierc 262539 wrote:</em><blockquote>When I click both links, I cannot see anything because the message says I am not a member and don’t have permission to access the page. This is strange because I am a joomlart templates member, and it’s strange that I have to be a member just to view a user guide.</blockquote>
    I will get this checked out for you a.s.a.p.

adwcth Friend

I’m having the same trouble accessing those URLs.

Thanks!

Phill Moderator

I think they are only accessable to JAEC members at the moment. I will have to speak to Arvind to see what we can do about it. Not sure what JA’s policy regarding this would be. For Developer and JAEC members then they rightly so have access to all those support forums.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@tangierc 262539 wrote:</em><blockquote>When I click both links, I cannot see anything because the message says I am not a member and don’t have permission to access the page. This is strange because I am a joomlart templates member, and it’s strange that I have to be a member just to view a user guide.</blockquote>

Hi,

Just clarify that 2 of above links can be viewable under JAEC member / JA Developer member only.
    As you are JATC member and it is true that you could not see them. In order to get access to all our extensions manuals. There are 2 following options for you:

1/ Buy more JAEC extensions club at: http://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php
    2/ Upgrade to JA Developer membership with 12% off at: http://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php

Thanks.

tangierc Friend

I am only a template member, but shouldn’t all of us be able to see instructions on extensions that are part of a template we have access to download? It would seem that would be fair – to just have access to how to use it.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tangierc 263714 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am only a template member, but shouldn’t all of us be able to see instructions on extensions that are part of a template we have access to download? It would seem that would be fair – to just have access to how to use it.</blockquote>
    When you downloaded and installed JA Portfolio . . . . did you do so via the quickstart installation (with sample data) ??
    (Can you also please confirm when you downloaded this template?)

If so, and when you completed the installation and brought up your Administration Backend, was the JA Tabs extension already included/installed? (We can always verify such via the date you downloaded your template – but getting this information from you will be helpful.) If so, this is an issue that our JA Development Team would need to look into.

Upon receipt of your response to the questions above, will advise further

tangierc Friend

I downloaded using the quick start, but I always download the components also included separately just in case something goes wrong. I don’t know if this is the exact date, but I have my creation date of my template folder (after Safari unzipping the download) as February 8, 2011. I check in from time to time and download any extension updates included in the download package.

I used the sample data the first time just to make sure it was working correctly like the demo on the JA website – it was the real estate version. Then I did the installation process again not using the data and just building it as I needed since the template had more than I needed at the time. However tabs were definitely there. I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t be. The tabs are in the demo so why wouldn’t the be excluded from the download package without a disclaimer saying on the demo page saying “some extensions shown may not be dowloadable in the template package to certain types of subscribers”? Then the demo would be misleading.

Thanks for all of your assistance. I suppose I can use Safari’s built-in developer tools to inspect the demo site and see how this feature works, but I may not be savvy enough – we’ll see. That’s why I sought the manual.

TomC Moderator

<em>@tangierc 263725 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I used the sample data the first time just to make sure it was working correctly like the demo on the JA website – it was the real estate version. Then I did the installation process again not using the data and just building it as I needed since the template had more than I needed at the time. However tabs were definitely there. I can’t imagine why they wouldn’t be. The tabs are in the demo so why wouldn’t the be excluded from the download package without a disclaimer saying on the demo page saying “some extensions shown may not be dowloadable in the template package to certain types of subscribers”? Then the demo would be misleading.</blockquote>
    Actually, it would not be because the demo is a showcase of the kind of things that can be accomplished with this template.

It’s very similar to when you see a new car at a Car Dealership Showroom – they have all of the bells and whistles on their showroom models, but do get all of the ‘add-ons” is additional cost. This is not an effort to be misleading with the product … but a way to demonstrate the “bells and whistles” abilities of a given template. Information as to which extensions are “Club Level” extensions and which are free is available throughout the JA website.

TomC Moderator

UPDATE:
    Okay, so here is the situation . . .

Information about configuring the JA Tabs extension that was included/configured with JA Portfolio (as per the demo) can be found HERE – see post #4. This – normally JAEC level extension – was provided as a value-added bonus with the JA Portfolio template – and instructions for configuring it for such are provided via the link above.

As for further customization of the JA Tabs Extension beyond the scope of JA Portfolio specific configuration, that is a JAEC level benefit and would require a JAEC level membership.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum