Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Host: siteground
    PHP: 5.5.30

Hi,

I’ve read all the post in the Uber forum about problems with the Joomlart Installer, however I have not found an answer to my question.

I understand the typical way to use the “Joomlart Installer” is to use quickstart and install sample data, however, I have an existing joomla site with a lot of data. I have upgraded the site from 2.5.28 to 3.4.5 and I have installed the Uber template and all associated extensions.

I would like to use the Construction version of Uber for this existing site.

1. How do install the Joomlart Installer so I can install the Uber/Construction template?

2. If it is not possible to install the Joomlart Installer without using a quickstart install, how can I transfer my existing data to a quickstart version of Uber/Construction?

3. If the first two question above are not possible, what is the solution to install Uber/Construction to an existing site?

All the best,

wolfix

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can use Joomlart documentation to set your pages exactly as Uber-Lawer

HERE You can find the template documentation

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can use Joomlart documentation to set your pages exactly as Uber-Lawer

HERE You can find the template documentation

wolfix Friend

Hi Pavit,

Thanks for the reply.

I just realized the Lawyer layout is a one-page site which is not what I need; so I decided on the Construction layout instead.

I followed the instructions via the link you provided, but when I click the Less to CSS button I get: Unexpected error. Please refresh the page try again later.

I have Development Mode (ON).

1. Is there an article on when, how, and when-not-to-use the Less to CSS button? Or can you give me a quick answer to this question?

2. Should I assume, since you didn’t answer any of my original questions, it is possible to install Uber/Construction into an existing website without using the quickstart version of Uber?

3. What do I need to do now? Should I troubleshoot the Less to CSS error?

Thanks,

woflix

wolfix Friend

Hi Pavit,

Thanks for the reply.

I just realized the Lawyer layout is a one-page site which is not what I need; so I decided on the Construction layout instead.

I followed the instructions via the link you provided, but when I click the Less to CSS button I get: Unexpected error. Please refresh the page try again later.

I have Development Mode (ON).

1. Is there an article on when, how, and when-not-to-use the Less to CSS button? Or can you give me a quick answer to this question?

2. Should I assume, since you didn’t answer any of my original questions, it is possible to install Uber/Construction into an existing website without using the quickstart version of Uber?

3. What do I need to do now? Should I troubleshoot the Less to CSS error?

Thanks,

woflix

pavit Moderator

Hi @wolfix

<blockquote>I followed the instructions via the link you provided, but when I click the Less to CSS button I get: Unexpected error. Please refresh the page try again later.</blockquote>

This should be checked , it could be related to a low memory available to complete the process

<blockquote> 1. Is there an article on when, how, and when-not-to-use the Less to CSS button? Or can you give me a quick answer to this question?</blockquote>

There is a Joomla article explaining how less works in Joomla you can find it HERE

<blockquote>2. Should I assume, since you didn’t answer any of my original questions, it is possible to install Uber/Construction into an existing website without using the quickstart version of Uber?</blockquote>

Yes it is easy since the Uber quickstart do not install nothing in particular except loading via db query all the base settings for the various ja acm modules and loading all templates layouts , so nothing that you cannot do yourself following documentation and installing template.zip file and Ja Acm module.

<blockquote> 3. What do I need to do now? Should I troubleshoot the Less to CSS error?</blockquote>

Yes as i suggested above should be verified why this error is coming when you compile files.
    You are installing it not from scratch ( empty database) so a compatibility error could arise.

pavit Moderator

Hi @wolfix

<blockquote>I followed the instructions via the link you provided, but when I click the Less to CSS button I get: Unexpected error. Please refresh the page try again later.</blockquote>

This should be checked , it could be related to a low memory available to complete the process

<blockquote> 1. Is there an article on when, how, and when-not-to-use the Less to CSS button? Or can you give me a quick answer to this question?</blockquote>

There is a Joomla article explaining how less works in Joomla you can find it HERE

<blockquote>2. Should I assume, since you didn’t answer any of my original questions, it is possible to install Uber/Construction into an existing website without using the quickstart version of Uber?</blockquote>

Yes it is easy since the Uber quickstart do not install nothing in particular except loading via db query all the base settings for the various ja acm modules and loading all templates layouts , so nothing that you cannot do yourself following documentation and installing template.zip file and Ja Acm module.

<blockquote> 3. What do I need to do now? Should I troubleshoot the Less to CSS error?</blockquote>

Yes as i suggested above should be verified why this error is coming when you compile files.
    You are installing it not from scratch ( empty database) so a compatibility error could arise.

wolfix Friend

Hi Pavit,

Thanks for the answers!

I found the JA ACM Module, but it doesn’t seem like it can help me load the Construction Layout.

Back to my original question:

1. How do I install the Construction layout?

2. Do I need the Joomlart Installer?

3. If “yes.” How do I download the Joomlart Installer; I cant’ find a download.

If “No.”

4. How do install the Construction layout?

Thanks!

Wolfix

wolfix Friend

Hi Pavit,

Thanks for the answers!

I found the JA ACM Module, but it doesn’t seem like it can help me load the Construction Layout.

Back to my original question:

1. How do I install the Construction layout?

2. Do I need the Joomlart Installer?

3. If “yes.” How do I download the Joomlart Installer; I cant’ find a download.

If “No.”

4. How do install the Construction layout?

Thanks!

Wolfix

pavit Moderator

Hi

Maybe my answers were not complete

<blockquote>1. How do I install the Construction layout? </blockquote>

You cannot install it on an already installed Joomla website if you want to have it already configured as the demo you have 2 options

1) Install template from scratch using quickstart file
    2) Create a new page as showed into documentation and configure all ACM modules as showed in documentation take also a look HERE for JA ACM module

<blockquote>2. Do I need the Joomlart Installer? </blockquote>

It is a plugin contained only in quickstart version you cannot download it

<blockquote>3. If “yes.” How do I download the Joomlart Installer; I cant’ find a download. </blockquote>

Answered above

pavit Moderator

Hi

Maybe my answers were not complete

<blockquote>1. How do I install the Construction layout? </blockquote>

You cannot install it on an already installed Joomla website if you want to have it already configured as the demo you have 2 options

1) Install template from scratch using quickstart file
    2) Create a new page as showed into documentation and configure all ACM modules as showed in documentation take also a look HERE for JA ACM module

<blockquote>2. Do I need the Joomlart Installer? </blockquote>

It is a plugin contained only in quickstart version you cannot download it

<blockquote>3. If “yes.” How do I download the Joomlart Installer; I cant’ find a download. </blockquote>

Answered above

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum