Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I can hide the front page main content block using T3 profile, however this causes a problem with Jreviews Click2Search function. (Not sure why!)

I’m wondering is there another way to “hack” the code to hide frontpage content in Joomla 1.7?

Hopefully someone can advise me.

Thanks.

n6rej Friend

ANYTHING can be the “frontpage” IN the menu manager set what ever menu link you want to be the “home” to “default’ and if You don’t want articles on the front page then don’t publish ANYTHING to “frontpage” You can check the “featured” category in article manager to see whats there.

milsirhc Friend

Problem is that even when we don’t publish anything. It’s showing an empty container.

See attach below!

1. Capture
    bohemiadesign Friend

Hi,
    I have the same problem. I have created a new profile and set “Hide Main content block” to yes. This profile has then beenapplied to the homepae under “Page Assignments”.
    Ok no content is shown on the frontpage BUT the white container for for the content is still showing.
    Is there any way to fix this within the settings of the template or do I have to
    1. duplicate the wholde tamplte
    2. hack the coer files to remove the content are

Thanks
    jonas

n6rej Friend

<em>@bohemiadesign 279765 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    I have the same problem. I have created a new profile and set “Hide Main content block” to yes. This profile has then beenapplied to the homepae under “Page Assignments”.
    Ok no content is shown on the frontpage BUT the white container for for the content is still showing.
    Is there any way to fix this within the settings of the template or do I have to
    1. duplicate the wholde tamplte
    2. hack the coer files to remove the content are

Thanks
    jonas</blockquote>
    ok, if you then go to that profile and set the css so that #ja-mainbody {display:none}
    that will fix it but really is not the way we should do it.
    its the current “fix” …. I’ve escalated this to the dev team. We need to put a condition on the block generation… we’ll get this added in the next release of T3 hopefully just a few days.

bohemiadesign Friend

Hi,

With creating a new Profile I meant I duplicated say profile “Black_Full”.
    When you say “ok, if you then go to that profile and set the css so that” where can I actually add custom css to a particular profile?

Thanks,

n6rej Friend

create a “theme” to go with it… see my override video… I’ll be making one on this exact process in November but the current one will give you the general idea… http://www.youtube.com/BearLeeAble

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum