Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a how do I question.

I don’t want to use the main menu located at the top of the page. Instead, I want to use the footer menu in the footer position as the main menu. But, I would like to have the this footer menu show in the little menu box when people are using a small view screen i.e.) cell phone.

My question is- can it be done? I’m sure there is a way, but I don’t know how to do it. And, I haven’t found any settings in the template area where I could assign a menu to the little menu box.

Thanks in advance!
    Vineyardseashell

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you illustrate the modification you expect via screenshots?

vineyardseashell Friend

Hi Saguaros,

Thanks for responding.

I am opting not to use the traditional menu at the top of the page for aesthetic reasons (see image attached). Instead I am using the bottom menu in the footer position as my main menu (see image attached).

I am trying to figure out how to have the bottom menu appear in the compact menu box when the site is accessed on a cell phone and/or smaller screen (see image).

The site is live and I don’t want to mess with it too much by playing around the back end. So, I was hoping for some guidance on whether or not I can show the bottom menu in the compact menu box.

Thanks!

1. No-Main-Menu
    2. Footer-Menu
    3. Compact-Menu
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I’m afraid that you will customize the menu module much to achieve that, I recommend you to seek for a 3rd party extension for menu module which supports this feature.

Regards

vineyardseashell Friend

Hello Saguaros,

I was afraid of that…LOL

My next question…Is there a way to turn off, or remove the compact menu in the smaller screen view?

Thanks,

Vineyardseashell

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You mean that you don’t want to use the menu on top in small screen?

You can try with this custom CSS:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
      #mainnav {
        display: none;
      }
    }

Regards

vineyardseashell Friend

Hi Saguaros,

If I cannot have the bottom (main) menu show in the compact menu box without major surgery to the css code, then having an an empty, non-functioning compact menu box on the smaller screen is useless.

Thank you for the code. I will add it to my custom.css folder.

I truly appreciate your assistance in answering my questions and helping!

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Vineyardseashell

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vineyardseashell 6 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum