Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I had this working a few years ago and can’t remember how to set it up. I’d like the mod_virtuemart module in left column to display the number of products within a category, in brackets at the end of the line.

See attached of how I’d like to have it displayed.

How and where do I go about setting this up?

1. Picture-3
    Saguaros Moderator

as per my knowledge, the virtuemart does not have any built in module to work as you want. you can try to find VM extension on the JED for this? 🙁 http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-categories

dozza Friend

Tienhc

mod_virtuemart does this and Joomlart supplied it in the JA Larix install for Joomla 1.0.

It seems that in the upgrade process from JA Larix 1.4 to 1.4.1 using JA Extension Manager or upgrading from Joomla 1.0 to 1.5, mod_virtuemart has lost the themes that were available to it previously. Also, if you download JA Larix quick installer now (2010) it is not contained within mod_virtuemart.

You can see the mod_virtuemart theme parameters in the following grab:

I have it working correctly on a half built test site running Joomla 1.5.22 at http://www.protouchjanitorial.co.uk (I can supply you the admin login). I also have it working on a local Joomla 1.5.22 site which has other problems. The site I need it working on locally has very different contents of virtuemart module themes folder (modules>mod_virtuemart) see below:

When you compare it to the contents of the modules>mod_virtuemart folder of the site that it works on, you see the difference:

Can I simply copy the contents of the modules>mod_virtuemart folder from the site that works to the one that doesn’t?

1. Picture-14
    2. Picture-15
    3. Picture-16
    Saguaros Moderator

Yes, i think that it s possible working , please check it, and attach your package in here, i will check and correct it

dozza Friend

<em>@tienhc 205254 wrote:</em><blockquote>as per my knowledge, the virtuemart does not have any built in module to work as you want.</blockquote>

That is incorrect>:(. There is an option to turn on as follows:

Components/VirtueMart/Configuration/Site/Show the number of products

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dozza 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum