Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’m using the Dropline menu in 2.5 Teline IV and I need to disable the tooltip from the menu only. I don’t want to disable tooltips on the entire site.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I discovered similar forum strings on different templates, but not Teline IV.

Fernando

HeR0 Friend

Hi Frioman
    I did not see tooltip on menu. Please show me a screenshot.

Regards,

frioman Friend

This photo should demonstrate what I’d like to disable. I just want to disable the pop-up tip from the main menu, not the entire website. The problem is that the pop-up tip covers the lower level Dropline menu tabs and renders them unreadable for the User. In this example, you can’t read what menu selection is below Sports.

Thank you.

1. main-menu-tip

Fernando

HeR0 Friend

Hi Frioman
    It is not tootip, this is a title attribute of <a> element. So we can not reproduce it. Sorry.

Regards,

frioman Friend

Thanks for the reply HeRo, but I don’t want to reproduce the title attribute, I want to disable it. Any possibility of disabling the title attribute so that it doesn’t pop-up on mouseover?

Fernando

HeR0 Friend

Hi Frioman
    Go to backend > Menu Manager > Magazine Menu > chose menu which you want not to show title ( tooltip ) > edit > in ‘Link Type Options’ param tab, set value of ‘Link Title Attribute’ is ‘ ‘

Regards,

frioman Friend

Thank you HeR0, but while the text no longer appears, the box does appear. In other words, the title attribute box continues to pop-up, but no text is in the box. I don’t want the box to pop-up.

Fernando

HeR0 Friend

Hi Frioman,

Pls follow step as suggested above, i think it will be the solution.

Regards,

frioman Friend

Thank you HeR0, but I tried the forum suggestion below and it worked great! Thank you for your suggestions.

If you’re using this Teline IV template with J!2.5, you should open this file: pluginssystemjat3jat3coremenubase.class.php
    At approx line 522, change:

PHP Code:

$title = “title=”$anchor_title””;

To

PHP Code:

$title = “”;

If you’re using with J!1.5, pls open the same file: pluginssystemjat3jat3coremenubase.class.php and make change the same like above with this line 362:

PHP Code:

$title = “title=”$tmpname””;

Fernando

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  frioman 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum