Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

installed the quickstart package.

Try to change favicon.

I have replaced the standard Joomla favicon with my own in all folders i can find.

But still, the favicon on http://www.viis.no is the Joomla symbol.

(((From the administrator page, I try to clear the page cache. I manage to Purge Expired Cache, but there are no Cache Groups to clear under Clear Cache)))

Thanx for all help!

Norchris

yakusa Friend

Hi norchris,
    Please clean Your browser cache first. That little favicons dont refresh by just CTRL+F5… They are in browser cache.
    HINT. Open Your page in other browser that You dont use. You can see new favicon? 🙂
    I’ll try to make one improvement by force favicon refresh as described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2208933/how-do-i-force-a-favicon-refresh

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@norchris 355762 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

installed the quickstart package.

Try to change favicon.

I have replaced the standard Joomla favicon with my own in all folders i can find.

But still, the favicon on http://www.viis.no is the Joomla symbol.

(((From the administrator page, I try to clear the page cache. I manage to Purge Expired Cache, but there are no Cache Groups to clear under Clear Cache)))

Thanx for all help!

Norchris</blockquote>

You can change favicon on this path

<blockquote>templates/ja_t3v3_blank/favicon.ico</blockquote>

norchris Friend

Hi Yakusa,
    thank you, most kind of you to help me out!
    With your help, I have discovered the developers menu in Safari! This will help me a lot in my web development 🙂

But, I still see the Joomla favicon after emptying the cache. Do you see my viis favicon?

As to the force favicon refresh code – do you know where I should put this? I use a T3V3_blank template!

🙂

Norchris

yakusa Friend

Hi!
    Im glad to help You. Yes i can see Your viis favicon at Your site. Preview in attachment.
    Forcing favicon refresh in T3V3 Blank template is harder as i suspected. Need just more time.
    I have hint to this. Maybe someone can help with?

/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php

<blockquote>public function addFavicon($href, $type = ‘image/vnd.microsoft.icon’, $relation = ‘shortcut icon’)
    {
    $href = str_replace(‘\’, ‘/’, $href);
    $this->addHeadLink($href, $relation, ‘rel’, array(‘type’ => $type));

return $this;
    }</blockquote>
    Im not php programmer 😉 Just designer 😉

1. fav
    norchris Friend

<em>@yakusa 355875 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi!
    Im glad to help You. Yes i can see Your viis favicon at Your site. Preview in attachment.
    Forcing favicon refresh in T3V3 Blank template is harder as i suspected. Need just more time.
    I have hint to this. Maybe someone can help with?

/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php

Im not php programmer 😉 Just designer ;)</blockquote>

Thank you, again! My problem seemed to be solved now.

What I did, was to change all favicons in my installation. Appearently, this did the job. But, it appeared to be difficult to remove the old favicon from my local Safari web client, I was not aware of that the solution worked.

One could want this kind of basic modifications to be a part of the administrator panel and be described in the t3v3 user guide.

Thanks again!

Norchris

PS. And I am a copywriter not a web developer 😀

munuklu12 Friend

I’ve been looking for it, thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  munuklu12 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum