Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am not new to Joomla but I have never had a problem like I am with this onepage template. I installed the quickstart Joomla 2.5 template, I cannot even change the style to Retro no matter what. The quickstart installed without any issues and in template manager I have:

ja_onepage – Default
    ja_onepage – Homepage
    ja_onepage – Solid
    ja_onepage – Metro
    ja_onepage – Modern
    ja_onepage – Retro
    Plus the other standard Joomla Templates that come with 2.5x.

So naturally I think I would choose which to make default based on the style I would like my site to appear as, right? Not the case, so I look into the template parameters and try and change the the style at the “Themes” tab, still no success, so I click the Themagic button and it opens up to the left side of my template parameters screen and shows me a preview of my site on the right side. Now we are getting somewhere I think because when I choose retro style here it shows my site on the right with the retro style color scheme I am looking for. Too good to be true, when I click to go back to administrator and save the template parameters and refresh my frontend site, I still get the default black/white page that I have already wasted two hours or more trying to change.

I keep reading and think that maybe I should click the “Compile LESS to CSS” button on the top of the template parameters page, no such luck, still can’t change the theme style to Retro. I enable development mode and I disable development mode, neither will allow me to change a basic function of any commercial Joomla template. Please if someone can write me a how to in english that explains exactly how to change the style of this onepage theme I will be grateful.

I have used Joomlart in the past few years for at least one or two other sites without these issues.

Thank you in advance and I hope that I do not have to find annother template for this project.

Please advise.

pavit Moderator

Hi

You need to assign the Metro theme to the layout selected

Example: The Home page is using as layout the ja_onepage – Homepage – then from your Template Manager choose the ja_onepage – Homepage style to edit it and in the Theme tab choose Metro and save.

homefront Friend

Thank you Pavit, when I did what you said in the onepage_homepage template, and saved the style to Retro it worked. I just don’t know why it did not work when I tried it earlier.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  homefront 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum