Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Mariana,

With the Bootstrap Grid system used in this template, the positions in mobile layout will show in st like stack order and you can’t change this order.

I suggest you to create a new module position, put position in the block you wish, then clone filter module and assign to this new position.

After that, you can access layout configuration in template and show this new position in mobile view only.

Pls check out this documentation for more info about Layout System: http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-layout-system#about-layout

Let me know if you need further helps.

Regards

marislem Friend

Hi, thanks for your help but I couldn’t create the new position. I’ve followed de video instructions and their file mainbody-home.php is very different to my mainbody.php. So I don´t know where do I put the new position.
    Then, I tried modifyng the file one-sidebar-left.php. I’ve created a new block over MAIN CONTENT.
    This block is a clon of SIDE BAR LEFT

<div class="t3-sidebar t3-sidebar-left col-xs-12 col-sm-4 col-sm-pull-8 col-md-4 col-md-pull-8 <?php $this->_c($vars['sidebar-3']) ?>">
            <jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php $this->_p($vars['sidebar-3']) ?>" style="T3Xhtml" />
        </div>
        <!-- //SIDEBAR TOP -->

Then I made de modifications (add the position) in templateDetails.xml an default.ini
    When I go to backend I have two problems:

1) When I go to template manager -> layout, I look for the new block position (sidebar-3) and I can´t find it.
    2) When I go to my module i can assign the new position but in the frontend I don’t see it.
    3) With the changes now I don’t see correctly the layout with the original position (sidebar-1)
    in the frontend.
    Thanks again for your help.
    Mariana

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Mariana,

You can provide the supporting credentials of your site: URL, Admin + FTP account

And send me screenshot illustrates how you want it should be, then I will check for you.

Regards

marislem Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can try with my tweak in details as below:
    1) Create a new position newpos for example:

• Open the file: ROOT/templates/ja_restaurant/templateDetails.xml
    • Add a new position newpos

2) Create a new block called newpos

• Create a new php file called newpos.php (attached file)
    • Copy it into this directory: ROOT/templates/ja_restaurant/tpls/blocks/

3) Load this block into the layout you’re using.
    Assume that you’re using ‘default’ layout, open respective php file: ROOT/templates/ja_restaurant/tpls/default.php
    Add this new line of code:

<?php $this->loadBlock('newpos') ?>

Make sure that you add it above the ‘mainbody’ block. (see attached file)

4) Hide the module in layout settings

• Go to Administrator Panel > Extensions >Template > JA Restaurant
    • Navigate to ‘Layout’ tab > Responsive layout > Extra Small layout
    • Click ‘eye’ icon to hide the sidebar-1 position in mobile layout: http://prntscr.com/e9bz11

• Go to backend settings of the filter module > Advanced tab > add a class suffix called hidden-lg so it will be hidden in large screen and shows in small layout only.

Then assign this module to ‘newpos’ position created above.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. If it doesn’t work, send me the Admin account also so I can check.

Regards

marislem Friend

Hi! I could solve it thanks to your valuable help
    I’m very happy!
    Thanks a lot
    Regards
    Mariana

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marislem 7 years, 2 months ago.

The topic ‘How do I change the sidebar-1 position in the responsive Layout?’ is closed to new replies.