Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

How do I change the logo to JA Brisk? Inside Templates, that template and then Theme: nor logo Text or Image is working. What I’am doing wrong?

Thanks

pavit Moderator

Hi

You can upload your logo image using the upload feature in THEME settings

benjaminkramer Friend

I did, but nothing changed. that is a png file. Also other standard-joomla png files in the server does not change anything.

TomC Moderator

<em>@benjaminkramer 350529 wrote:</em><blockquote>I did, but nothing changed. that is a png file. Also other standard-joomla png files in the server does not change anything.</blockquote>
    Please provide url to the site you’re working on, as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager-General settings.

benjaminkramer Friend

I do not find in Joomla 3.0 Optimize CSS => there is only Enable Compress CSS.

TomC Moderator

<em>@benjaminkramer 350539 wrote:</em><blockquote>I do not find in Joomla 3.0 Optimize CSS => there is only Enable Compress CSS.</blockquote>
    Disable Compress CSS

benjaminkramer Friend

I have done it – no change – I sent you an message with the data of the site.

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Utilizing Firebug, I come up with the following . . .

Within the following file path –> templates/ja_brisk/less/style.less

at line 22, you should see the following:

.logo-image a {
    background-image: url("/templates/ja_brisk/images/logo.png");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    height: 50px;
    width: 80px;

}

Modify the above CSS – replacing “logo.png” with YOUR logo image.

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

NOTE:
    I am a bit confused as to why the file above is called “style.less” – as opposed to “style.css”

benjaminkramer Friend

there is no line like this just this line: // Logo Image

// ----------
    .logo-image {
    overflow: hidden;

a {
    background-image: url("@{T3LogoImage}");
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    width: @T3logoWidth;
    height: @T3logoHeight;
    }

//hide sitename and slogan
    span, small {
    display: none;
    }

}

melanieb Friend

Hi Tom,

I am not having much luck either with this template. I installed J3 version, couldn’t get the logo to display (and was having problems with other elements so decided to remove and go back to J2.5). Now again trying to change the logo. So far I have:

Uploaded the logo using the administrator-template-theme to the default theme, the green theme (which is the one I am using) all that happens is no logo appears. I tried uploading using cpanel in the end – still no show.

I went in to the template.css and change the logo dimensions to match my actual logo size of 318×128 – still nothing. Not sure what else to try.

All the files in the folder you point to above have the extension .less for some reason and not .css – this was how they appeared using the quickstart installation. Could this be the problem?

Not sure why this particular template is causing such grief with trying to change the logo as all the others work fine.

Any guidance as to what I am doing wrong – should do will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

jaus Friend

Hi here,

I do agree with the above post. I am not finding a simple way to change the logo sizing and some colors&styles since I am not very familiar with LESS and CSS files make no changes (as far as I tested).

I use Crunch as LESS editor, and I open, let’s say this file “navigation.less” I find something like this:

// Active state
    // ------------
    .dropdown-menu .active > a,
    .dropdown-menu .active > a:hover {
    color: @dropdownLinkColorActive;
    background-color: @dropdownLinkBackgroundActive;
    #gradient > .vertical(lighten(@dropdownLinkBackgroundActive, 10%), @dropdownLinkBackgroundActive);
    }

// Disabled state
    .dropdown-menu .disabled > a,
    .dropdown-menu .disabled > a:hover {
    color: @grayLight;
    }

My question is where are the variables declaration? For example if I want to change color style of “color: @grayLight” where can I define another @Mycolor?

Thanks in advance for your help, nice job

maria

TomC Moderator

I am going to download these files to my own computer and take a deeper look myself.
    I KNOW we can figure this one out … and it’s likely much more simple than any of us are thinking/making it.

Stay Tuned

😎

melanieb Friend

That would be great Tom.

I tried changing the .less files and it messed my template up – luckily I had a back up though. I have uploaded the logo everywhere I can think of and its just completely ignored.

melanieb Friend

Hi Tom,

any updates? I’m still ‘tuned’ 🙂

webmedia Friend

>:( I have the same problem has benjaminkramer and melanieb. This is so elemental thing to change a logo size after the template buyers desire. But you guys insist to do it in the most difficult way. I do not understand why do you do so nice templates and not get a simple solution for this? Really. Regards/ Francisco

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  altuna 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum