Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

how do i change the font + font size of the main menu bar? and the home button?

pritam Friend

Hello supzfier ,

To change the font of the main menu bar

Can you please provide site url .But first go into the template manager and set css optimiation to “No” so we can see the correct files to modify not the compressed version and we can help you better.

khoand Friend

<em>@supzfier 257903 wrote:</em><blockquote>how do i change the font + font size of the main menu bar? and the home button?</blockquote>

Hi,
    You change this code from /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css in the line #25

body.fs3 #ja-wrapper {
    font-size: 100%;
    }

– You change this code from /templates/ja_teline_iv/css/menu/mega.css in the line #16

#ja-megamenu ul.level0 {
    font-family: ArialNarrowBold, "Arial Narrow", Arial, sans-serif;
    }

supzfier Friend

doh the font change doesnt work

<em>@khoand 257909 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    You change this code from /plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/css/template.css in the line #25

body.fs3 #ja-wrapper {
    }

– You change this code from /templates/ja_teline_iv/css/menu/mega.css in the line #16

#ja-megamenu ul.level0 {
    }

</blockquote>

fdr77 Friend

go to admin pannel–> template –>ja-teline-iv–>profiles and change so

1. jaart
    TomC Moderator

Are you using the MEGA MENU navigation option, or another (i.e. CSS, Split, Dropline) ??

If you’re using the mega menu, then this actually IS the correct CSS to modify the font and size for the menu font . . .
    within templates/ja_teline_iv/css/menu/mega.css

#ja-megamenu ul.level0 {
    }

If you’re using one of the other navigation style alternatives, then a similar css rule will be found within the relative css file for those menu types (i.e. css.css, split.css, dropline.css)

make sense?

khoand Friend

<em>@supzfier 257951 wrote:</em><blockquote>doh the font change doesnt work</blockquote>

Could you give me a link to your page as you said?

frioman Friend

I’m using dropline and need to only reduce the font size on the main menu (News, Politics, Weather, Sports, Etc.). Do I change the 100% to a different value? Aerial is fine.

1. menu

Fernando

TomC Moderator

<em>@frioman 331558 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m using dropline and need to only reduce the font size on the main menu (News, Politics, Weather, Sports, Etc.). Do I change the 100% to a different value? Aerial is fine.</blockquote>
    That is certainly one way to do it …. play around with different percentages – or pixel values – until you arrive at the result you’re happy with.

frioman Friend

I’m using Teline IV. Changing the percentage below did in fact reduce the size of my main menu font, but it also reduced the size of fonts in the featured area and others.

body.fs3 #ja-wrapper {
    }

My hope is to only reduce the size of the main menu font to about 85% without affecting fonts in other areas.

Fernando

TomC Moderator

I think you may be modifying the wrong CSS rule.

So that I can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings.

frioman Friend

I sent you a private message. It would also be good to reduce the empty space (left and right) between the menu names. I’m trying to fit many menu tabs on one line.

Fernando

TomC Moderator

<em>@frioman 331558 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m using dropline and need to only reduce the font size on the main menu (News, Politics, Weather, Sports, Etc.). Do I change the 100% to a different value? Aerial is fine.</blockquote>

Here’s what you do . . . .

Within file path –> /templates/ja_teline_iv/css/menu/dropline.css

at line 31, you will see the following:

jasdl-mainnav a {
    color: #000000
    display: block;
    font-size: 125%;
    font-weight: bold;
    margin: 3px;
    padding: 4px 8px 3px;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }

This is where you change both the font-size percentage value, as well as the padding values, to whatever you like.

Hope That Helps.

😎

frioman Friend

Thank you Tom.

Fernando

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  frioman 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum