Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

How do I change the bottom menu in JA Purity II from vertical mode to horizontal?

In the Joomla 1.5 version it was part of the package. After the conversion, it went to vertical. Looked at the css, but could not find anything obvious (I’m not a trained programmer). Tried an hour of google searches and searches of this forum. Found generic hacks, but nothing related to JA Purity ii.

It appears that it could be in the settings, rather than changing css, but its a bit too opaque for me. Tried changing variables, but the results were not what I hoped.

Thanks in advance for advice

MoonSailor Friend

Hi villager,

When changing the menu from vertical mode to horizontal, you need rewrite css for it. In joomla 1.5, with bottom menu, you can change it by params of modules – Menu Style

With main menu, because we have overridden it, so, if you need change it from vertical to horizontal, you are required to change css.

In joomla 2.5, params “menu style”, it’s removed, so, when you need to change from vertical to horizontal, you need change css code consistently

Thanks

1. 8-3-2012-3-48-51-PM
    villager Friend

Thank you for the information. Can you point me to the right file and the ccs lines that need to be changed, and what changes need to be made in the css? Thanks

MoonSailor Friend

Hi villager,

In template config, tab profiles :

With “Menu System” you choise, you need find file css as in folder: templates/ja_template/css/menu.

Example : menu system like “Mega Menu” you need find and edit file : mega.css.

With css code, i can’t help for you, it’s complex.

Thanks

1. 8-6-2012-9-16-57-AM
    chriso0258 Friend

I don’t know if this will help, but I asked a similar question at this post:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/need-horizontal-pagination/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  chriso0258 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum