Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hallo

Can i update my JA_Teline_II Template if i upload the new template files “ja_teline_ii_for_joomla_1.5.v1.6” on to my server!

Give News please…

Ltd.Lupo

Manos Moderator

You have an older version of the template or what ?

Phill Moderator

It depends. If you have mad no custome changes to the template then simply go to template manager and set another template as default temporarily. Then uninstall the current telineii template (before you do this, make a backup of the templates folder).

You can then install the new version and set this as default.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@id31 136404 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hallo

Can i update my JA_Teline_II Template if i upload the new template files “ja_teline_ii_for_joomla_1.5.v1.6” on to my server!

Give News please…

Ltd.Lupo</blockquote>

Hi Lupo,

As noted by Phil, it depends on your situation.

You have to specify the version of the Joomla that you have and when you downloaded the Joomla-Teline II kit.

You need to provide these data, otherwise a generic answer may be fatal to your site. It would be very helpful also if you show a link to your working site. Provide also information about other modifications, additional features, extensions added since your initial installtion.

First things first. Create a Sandbox

I have done gazillion Joomla-Teline II installation before, since it is the only Joomlart template I have used in almost all my public sites. However, there are always a chance that something might go awry.

One good way to avoid this is to create what is called a Sandbox. An “almost” repiica of the existing features of your current site. I inserted “almost” because it does not have to be exactly as your working site. For example, you do not have to include the actual articles, the actual sections and categories, etc.

This “almost” repiica Sandbox however must have these features:

If possible, use the original Joomla 1.5.x – Teline II QuickStart kit to install your Sandbox. Before you try anything on your site, do it first in this Sandbox. These changes, as noted above include the extensions (i.e., modules, components, plugs and other extensions) you added
    )
    If the new modification (including upgrade) works in the Sandbox, it is likely to work in your site. As noted by many before, As an added precaution, it is good practice to backup your files, added images and scripts, also save the configuration.php file.

Cornelio

mj1256 Friend

not mentioned in your question is what the version of teline II your using is

you cannot do this if the version your updating is joomla 1.0.15

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum