Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hi
    very nice component but i have one problem how can i translate k2 extra fields?
    thanks

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

we are sorry, the K2 extra fields table does not support multilingual, as you see in extra field’s setting form, it does not have an option to select displaying language.

azurdo Friend

Hi

I had the same problem and i solved it using language files. I declared the name of each extrafield and the value (if you use select boxes or radio button) in language files and when i want to display it translated i modified the template for k2 to representate the extra field translated using JText function.

EJ: If you need an extra field to say the kind of fruit you can declare the extra field like:
    FRUIT: APPLE | LEMON

You can define this traslations in files
    EN.ini

FRUIT = Fruit
    APPLE = Apple
    LEMON= Lemon

ES.ini

FRUIT = Fruta
    APPLE= Manzana
    LEMON = LimΓ³n

And you can modify the template of k2 to display this extrafield translated
    ej: JText::_( ‘FRUIT’ );

I hope it will be useful

Thnks!
    AJ

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello azurdo,

It’s a nice tip πŸ™‚

It can help to resolve this issue although it is not a standard way and has bit inconvenience πŸ˜‰

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. It will be an useful tip for many user and much appreciated πŸ™‚

milettic Friend

i dont understand your way, pls help azurdo πŸ™‚

Ninja Lead Moderator

@milettic: It is language text and will be defined from language/en-GB/en-GB.mod_jak2filter.ini file

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum