Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all-

I’m trying to create an override to the Template default.php to use for one menu item only, similar to the results which could be done in v1.5 by duplicating and renaming the default.php, then listing it with the item ID in the template manager. That was very easy and I relied on it heavily to be able to edit the code.

Now, in 2.5 all I can see is the option to create stuff called Themes, Layouts, and Profiles. Not the same thing.

Am I supposed to add a new block in the default.php and call that from the XML?

Of course, I can call another template package but that seems ridiculously redundant.

Normally, either no one replies to my forum posts, or I get an answer (helpful or not) months later after I’ve moved on. And, if someone says “why don’t you just use a different template?” I will strangle a kitten.

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the information within the following video will assist you with regard to your questions about template overrides . . .

artcop

Normally, either no one replies to my forum posts, or I get an answer (helpful or not) months later after I’ve moved on. And, if someone says “why don’t you just use a different template?” I will strangle a kitten.

You know … there are quite a few decaffeinated brands of coffee on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

:p

artcop Friend

Thank you, TomC-

Following the instructions on the video, I added ‘page/default.php’ and that gets me where I want to go.. It still seems simpler doing it as in 1.5, but as long as it works, no?

Thanks again for the super-prompt and helpful answer.. I’ll buy you an espresso sometime 😀

TomC Moderator

No problem my friend . . . . Glad I was able to lend an assist.

All the nest with your continuing site development !!!

😎

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum