Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi i have the RSS syndication located at the left of my site it is a bit disifugred i would like to edit it and take out the extra “_” before the word Feed. Does anybody know which file or folder i can find this in?

I would also like to align it nicely, when using a different template i dont get this problem, its just with JA Nickel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Do you have a URL you can share so we can take a look at what is happening?

Thanks,
    John.

kayz Friend

Sure its still early stages: http://www.webhostingit.co.uk/memo/

John Wesley Brett Moderator

For starters try this:
    In template.css line 143
    Change the “margin: 5px;” to read as follows:

a img {
    border:medium none;
    margin:-3px;
    }

This will align the RSS icon and the “Feed Entries” side by side…and will hide the extra underscore you are seeing. The problem with the underscore is that it is actually the “decoration” for the “hover” action…so getting rid of it in one place will affect every single link in your site. So see if just hiding it behind the RSS Icon doesn’t work for you.

Have fun.
    John.

kayz Friend

<em>@jbrett 150089 wrote:</em><blockquote>For starters try this:
    In template.css line 143
    Change the “margin: 5px;” to read as follows:

a img {
    border:medium none;
    margin:-3px;
    }

This will align the RSS icon and the “Feed Entries” side by side…and will hide the extra underscore you are seeing. The problem with the underscore is that it is actually the “decoration” for the “hover” action…so getting rid of it in one place will affect every single link in your site. So see if just hiding it behind the RSS Icon doesn’t work for you.

Have fun.
    John.</blockquote>

Many thanks to you, that does seem like a temporary fix. However it does look rather strange having the RSS icon and the words stuck together.

I think we have got the alignment sorted, even after putting a margin for -3px; the underscore is visible.. surely this is somewhere on the template where the <a href=””> Feed Entries</a> or something similar has a space put in?

kayz Friend

Sigh.. i have had to actually revert this back the way it was.. the changes actually affects other images on the left and right pane..

Anybody else of any other suggestions?

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kayz 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum