Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

How can I change the text in slideshow?

1. dd22d
    TomC Moderator

So that I can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager — General Settings.

glenng Friend

Thank you! I actually just wanted to learn how to do it. I will send you the link and access info. I set “Optimize CSS” to “No”.

TomC Moderator

Here is how you can modify the text within the slideshow . . . .

Within file path –> /modules/mod_jaslideshow/assets/themes/pyro/mod_jaslideshow.css

at line 161, you will see the following:

<blockquote>.ja-slidewrap_pyro .maskDesc .ja-slide-desc p {
    margin: 15px 0;
    }</blockquote>

add a “font-family” property for whatever font you want to use, for example . . .

<blockquote>.ja-slidewrap_pyro .maskDesc .ja-slide-desc p {
    margin: 15px 0;
    font-family: Arial; </blockquote>

you can then, of course, add additional properties to further modify the font/display, such as
    (for example only)
    <blockquote>color: #FFF
    font-family: Arial;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 1;
    text-shadow: -1px -1px #0E4071
    text-transform: uppercase;
    </blockquote>

there are loads of free resources all over the internet for how to use the various text styling properties.

Hope that helps !!!

🙂

glenng Friend

Thank you very much for your help and I am sorry for my silly question but how can I change the text? I noticed that you added “Our Services” so how did you do that? I look within mod_jaslideshow.css but couldn’t find that latin text to change.

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 329342 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you very much for your help and I am sorry for my silly question but how can I change the text? I noticed that you added “Our Services” so how did you do that? I look within mod_jaslideshow.css but couldn’t find that latin text to change.</blockquote>
    I didn’t change any text at all . . . I merely found the CSS that you need to work with.

The text within the slideshow descriptions can be modified within the slideshow module itself.

glenng Friend

Oh ok! I just found the so-called problem… I just needed to clean cache to see the changes. Everything is ok now. Thanks anyway!!

glenng Friend

The main problem is I make a change in web site but I can’t see the change. I mean I clean the history, clear cache etc. but it doesn’t work. It takes about two days to see the change. For example yesterday I added 3 more articles for the slide show but they didn’t appear on home page. I am still waiting… I changed logo yesterday and I am still waiting to see new logo. I even tried in different computer but nothing. What is that?

Sherlock Friend

Hi glenng,

That’s just a caching problem, you can disable caching to get rid of it, it’s a default joomla feature.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum