Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I would like to increase little bit the size of left column and also to decrease the space between the columns and the main, can anyone tell me how to do that ?

khoand Friend

Hi,
    Could you give me a snapshot with your annotation?

himangi Friend

Hi,

1. You can go to Joomla admin > Extensions > Template Manager > Your template.
    2. Click on Layouts Tab and click on the Edit link in front of Default layout. By default this is the layout you will be using..
    3. Find <blocks name=”middle” colwidth=”20″>. To control width of your columns, you need to change value of the colwidth. Please remember that the value specified here is a % value.

Regarding the space between the column and main content area, it would be good if you can tell exactly how much space you want to have in between the elements and provide your site url via PM, so that I can tell you the solution accurately.

adnanpirota Friend

Something like this …

1. increase-left
    himangi Friend

Hi

To give specific width to a single column, you can add width=”xx” in the block param, like in your case find ‘<block name=”inset2″>left</block>’ and replace it with ‘<block name=”inset2″ width=”15″>left</block>’ Here I have set width of this particular column to 15%.

To reduce space between the inset2 column and maincontent area, edit layout.css at templates/ja_social/css/
    and reduce margin-left value in .ja-inset2 div.ja-moduletable, .ja-inset2 .div.moduletable, .ja-inset2 div.ja-module, .ja-inset2 div.module {
    margin-left: 20px;
    margin-right: 0;
    }

khoand Friend

<em>@adnanpirota 250121 wrote:</em><blockquote>Something like this …

</blockquote>

You login backend Extensions > Template Manager > ja_social > LAYOUTS.Edit Default.You replace this code :

<block name="inset2">left</block>

with

<block name="inset2" width="25">left</block>

You replace this code from /templates/ja_social/css/layout.css

.ja-inset2 div.ja-moduletable, .ja-inset2 .div.moduletable, .ja-inset2 div.ja-module, .ja-inset2 div.module {
    margin-left: 20px;
    }

with

.ja-inset2 div.ja-moduletable, .ja-inset2 .div.moduletable, .ja-inset2 div.ja-module, .ja-inset2 div.module {
    margin-left: 10px;
    }

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  khoand 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum