Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have installed JA Mesolite and the site is live at http://www.theirishbookclub.com – it was originally conceived as an ecommerce store, but now the client wants to send all potential purchasers to the various authors’ sites for purchase and wants to use a different template. We have chosen JA Barrite for the new look. My question is: can I upload that template to the site as it is and use the template manager to change it? or must i go for a fresh installation and migrate the data. Since we will no longer use VirtueMart, we will not need much of the data already in the database.

Any suggestions will be appreciated – will hire lancer if needed – help, please???

Saguaros Moderator

Hello wkennedy!

You can make everything in the template manager without install new package and migrate the data.

As you saw, the JA Barrite is using as a showcase site about products via articles of joomla. The Virtual VirtueMart did not built-in same as the ja mesolite.
    so that you meet with serious difficulties in the style marking and modules positions when you decided to used this template
    I think you should to duplicate the current site to use for make a new look with the ja barrite. When you made the site successful without problem, you’ll replace the current site by this.

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum