Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have the following situation:

I had to copy the module “mod_jaslideshow” two times because I have a sidleshow specifically for the homepage with a set of parameters and another one for the rest of the pages.

In the slideshow for the homepage I have chosen in the parameter page just “home” from mainmenu
    while in the slideshow for the rest of the pages I have selected the rest of the menus in the drop-down menu in the module parameters.

Now I have the problem that for all the articles which do not have a link via menu, the slideshow does not appear.
    The problem is that you cannot select articles but there is just “menu assignment” .
    You can select everything, nothing or from the menu list – but not articles.

This is not an issue when you have just one time the module jaslideshow – then you can select everything and all articles, doesn´t matter whether they are linked via menu or not, have the slideshow.

But in case you have two times or more the slideshow, then you have to select from the menues
    – but the articles are not taken into consideration.

How can I fix this via code change ? Is there any way to customize …?

Otherwise I would much appreciate if in a new ja_slideshow version developers would
    provide option to select by articles also …and not just menus.

But I would be happy to get a solution already now…

jay973 Friend

Hi,

Unfortunately most Joomla things are governed by menu.

You could assign the articles to another menu that isn’t published as that often works.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jason.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jay973 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum