Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

First:
    Thanks for a great job with the new template and menu!

Next:
    I need to adjust the CSS tags, but I am having trouble finding the right CSS file that controls the new template.

Where can I adjust (in which .CSS file) the background-colors, font-colors and so on, in the JA_T3_BLANK template (for the Google-Font Profile)?

Ex. for a start, I am trying to create a new background-color with these codes:
    html {
    background: #ebe0b4;
    }
    html>body {
    }
    body {
    }
    body#bd {
    }

These tags should 100% work to give my website a different background color, unless they are a second CSS file somewhere else, which overwrites the tags.

But it does not work in Crome browser.

Am I working in the wrong CSS-file?

Thanks allready: FLJE

FLJE Friend

Hello? Is anybody out there???

Am I the only one in this world, who is trying to work with the new template…?

investx Friend

Hi,

You have right the new Framework have some Override Priority.
    Please read very carefully this http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides and http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/FAQs.

To put you on the right road please create a css folder in template/JA-t3/local/themes/yourtheme/css and copy there all css files from default template that you want to modify or override. The files from this location meaning from your template have the first priority.
    PS: in your template you can put any tipe of files php,html,js etc. with the condition to respect the default-template folder structure.
    Look to the default template example and just clone the folder structure.

Hung Dinh Friend

2 things you can quickly find out which stylesheets come from which CSS files

1. Understanding how the overrides work with links provided by Investx
    2. Installing Firebug on your Firefox

FLJE Friend

Hi Investx and Hung Dinh.

Thanks for your reply.

But:
    I know well the links that Investx mentions.
    I also use both Firefox and Firebug – this is why I could see there was a problem, in the first place.

However, I have found out where the problem lies at:
    In backend / Extentions / Template Manager / JA_T3_BLANK (V. 1.1.0) / GLOBAL:
    System Settings: Enable Development Mode: No. Cache Mode: Disable.
    So no .CSS file has to be in any temp folder, right?

But they still are.

And here is the key to unlock the mystery:
    If “CSS & JavaScript Compress” is set to “yes” and “yes”, then there is trouble, and the .CSS files is in the temp folder.
    If “CSS & JavaScript Compress” is set to “No” and “No”, then no problem – the .CSS files are located ind the right folders, and everything is OK again. 🙂

Hope this helps others with similar problems. 🙂

Thanks allready: FLJE

dontregartha Friend

Well done FLJE,

that was causing me major headaches too.

I had a cache file which was preventing any changes taking place.

Khanh Le Moderator

<em>@FLJE 187071 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Investx and Hung Dinh.

Thanks for your reply.

But:
    I know well the links that Investx mentions.
    I also use both Firefox and Firebug – this is why I could see there was a problem, in the first place.

However, I have found out where the problem lies at:
    In backend / Extentions / Template Manager / JA_T3_BLANK (V. 1.1.0) / GLOBAL:
    System Settings: Enable Development Mode: No. Cache Mode: Disable.
    So no .CSS file has to be in any temp folder, right?

But they still are.

And here is the key to unlock the mystery:
    If “CSS & JavaScript Compress” is set to “yes” and “yes”, then there is trouble, and the .CSS files is in the temp folder.
    If “CSS & JavaScript Compress” is set to “No” and “No”, then no problem – the .CSS files are located ind the right folders, and everything is OK again. 🙂

Hope this helps others with similar problems. 🙂

Thanks allready: FLJE</blockquote>

While customizing your template (edit css or php), you should enable “Development mode” in template manager. With Development mode enabled, the framework will update the term css/js file whenever there’s any update. You also need update the latest version of Framework and template.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum