Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Anyone know how I can go about setting this up?

Would Joomlart consider making a ‘reservation’ style templates for restaurants/hotels/bed&breakfast type businesses?

Or if all else fails, is their a freeware or low cost addon or a very good alternative? 🙂

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear metamar,

Sounds like an interesting idea, will forward your request to design head, lets see if they find it appealing.

I do remember having seen JomRes Component for hotel reservations, do you use the same? Besides, it went GPL these days, however, commercial.

http://www.jomres.net/

regards

Arvind

metamar Friend

It is not great. A component made especially for 1 hotel’s registration service would be great. Mostly the hotel registration plugins out there are for hotel Agencies that feature many hotels. And Jomres is reported to have security issues which makes its use problematic.

iwebbs Friend

i am new to joomla. Now realizing the power of joomla. Which is the best place to get some training on joomla?

ronaldstevens Friend

Has anyone tried Joomla HBS, wanted to know if it was any good.
    I am considering using it, what do you think?

“Using this component you can start your own CMS Hotel Booking Reservation System.
    Joomla HBS Package I component is suitable for one hotel Owner – Company anywhere around the world.”

itsnexgen Friend

Hi Metamar,

I am planning to buy thier software as i found thier support very good and also very good features.Could you please elaborate the security issues with Jomres?

Thanks and Rgds,
    Pradeep

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@iwebbs 169613 wrote:</em><blockquote>i am new to joomla. Now realizing the power of joomla. Which is the best place to get some training on joomla?</blockquote>
    Google if you search on the correct terms like installing Joomla, managing menus etc many have video based step by step tutorials to guide you. Some books are ok but I prefer a video or screenshots to teach me
    Barrie North over at Joomlashack has “Joomla university” a pay for membership with said “expert designed” video tutorials. Some I gather are very basic and the membership may be a bit steep. Check them out

daniel05 Friend

Hi all

Hotel reservation that is in effect until check-out time of the day following the stated day of arrival of the guest. In guaranteed reservations, payments must be made even if the guest fails to arrive, except where cancellation procedures of the hotel allow an escape.
    Discover the hidden source of targeted traffic that unearths eager buying customers, drives them straight to your site, and literally explodes your profits almost overnight at just simple click unique article wizard.[/url]

uniquebiz Friend

Was that a request for reservation software to do that, or a partial answer to a previous post or just a way to promote the software in your signature? 🙂

vimes Friend

<em>@metamar 166249 wrote:</em><blockquote>It is not great. A component made especially for 1 hotel’s registration service would be great. Mostly the hotel registration plugins out there are for hotel Agencies that feature many hotels. And Jomres is reported to have security issues which makes its use problematic.</blockquote>

Just found this thread.

Jomres doesn’t have any security issues that I’m aware of, so I’d appreciate it if you could point me to the source of these allegations.

As for the question of “Is it suitable for one hotel?” Of course it is. Just because it can be used as a portal, you don’t have to use it as such, it’s fine for just one hotel, indeed there are settings for the purpose.

itsnexgen Friend

i agree.. Jomres support is also great. without any proof you shouldnt mention the product a failure.. misleading others.

vimes Friend

Thanks you itsnexgen (dunno who you are, but I guess Aladar’s been looking after you well by the sounds of it 😀 )

The only thing I can think of is that this user has gotten Jomres confused with another Joomla hotel booking system which is well known to have security problems. Like I said before, Jomres doesn’t have any security issues that I know of, but if it did I’d be on it in double quick time. A reputation takes years to build and seconds to destroy.

itsnexgen Friend

😉

You can check my profile 🙂

Interesting thing is.. we completely diverted the topic!

vimes Friend

Wellll, it was an old topic anyway 😀 I just couldn’t let it pass without commenting on the security thing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  vimes 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum