Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi Joomlarts,

JA Helio is realy a great template – thanks for your good work. It’s not only well designed and coded, it’s also well documented!

We found one BUG when testing our site with IE 7:
    When the side length is abount double of the height of the browser window, the footer line with it’s black table cell background jumps up to a position near the top of the browser window’s scroll tab (Please view attached Screenshot CHP1).

When you resize the browser window – either by pulling the window frame or by toggling to/from full screen, the footer jumps back to it’s original position.

This happens only on pages, where all modules on position user 1, user 2, user 6, user 8 are deactivated.

We are obliged to go live with our site next monday and need a bug fix urgently.

Please send us a mail to info@chp-gmbh.de when you have published a bug fix in the download area.

With kind regards,
    Peter Graeser – Web Consultant to CHP GmbH, Freiburg, Germany

1. CHP1
    John Wesley Brett Moderator

Since you are going hot next Monday…I’ve got an interim idea:

Why not publish just a blank space…

<p> <p>

in one of the four modules at the bottom. If how I read your description of the error is correct, this would at least alleviate the problem until a fix can be found.

Just a thought.
    John.

Sherlock Friend

Hi chpgmbh
    I checked on my localhost and everything seem okie
    <blockquote>This happens only on pages, where all modules on position user 1, user 2, user 6, user 8 are deactivated.</blockquote>
    I disabled as you said
    Can you say more detail ?

rhea Friend

i tried jbrett’s solution, but doesnt seem to work,

have put dummy modules in all the bottom unused module position.

works fine in ie6 but not in ie7

any solutions for this?

1. scroll-bug
    Menalto Friend

Someone have a live site with a link to where this problem is?

chpgmbh Friend

<em>@nguoiabcd 70231 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi chpgmbh
    I checked on my localhost and everything seem okie

I disabled as you said
    Can you say more detail ?</blockquote>

sorry, that’s all I can tell you – the problem only occures when at the bottom of the page nothing else is presented but the footer with the copyright line – What we did is the following:

We didn’t want to have the other items on every page of our site, so we switched user1, user2, user6 and user7** off (unpublish) on all pages exept the frontpage.

Than on those pages about to be longer than 2 times of browser window height the footer became a “floater” as described.

-> user7: In the module guide of your template descrition you adress your No. 7 to module position user8. In your template code it is user7.

Best
    Peter

chpgmbh Friend

<em>@Menalto 70392 wrote:</em><blockquote>Someone have a live site with a link to where this problem is?</blockquote>

Hi Menalto,

sent you a private mail w/ URL and login.

Best, Peter

Menalto Friend

In IE7 and IE6, no problems as i can see here on the link you told me to check, everything works fine at my end….

wolfix Friend

I have the same problem in IE7 while using a Wrapper. When I resize the window the footer pops back to it’s correct position.

If I enable User 1, 2, or 6 with html, it fixes the problem.

Best,

wolfix

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  wolfix 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum