Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

What is the best and most recommend Hosting Server out there for Joomlart templates?, that will not give me problems with loading big files to the site, that offer good support, and work well when uploading any quickstart or template from joomlart.com.
    thanks for the support.

iguinee Friend

I would recommend bluehost. I have used it for centuries now… I mean for several years. American based, 24/7 Customer support, Telephone and instant chat support, with now the ability to backup your whole account.

I have also used Justhost, they offer similar services to Bluehost. The advantage bluehost has is their SimpleScript. All scripts, including phpbb + joomla! + wordpress + more.

compcard Friend

Have you been able to install the quickstarts without any uploading problems?. I want to be able to install these quickstart without any problem from the hosting server. i’ve been trying to work it out with them but haven’t had the best results yet.

Phill Moderator

The best hosting actually depends on what country you live in, your server load and what skills you have. For instance, I am in the UK and use a company called http://www.bytemark.co.uk . So far they have been by far the best hosing I have ever experienced. Only problem is you need to learn a little linux as you have your own virtual server. At first it may seem a little scarey but the system they use is very good. On top of that their support really is second to none.

However, that might not be the best choice for someone living in Italy for instance. Do they really want to be spending out on a call to the UK when they have a problem? WOuld hey be ale to speak English well enough to understand the technical side of things?

Same goes for any hosting throughout the world. You want to find a good host that is local to you with good support and flexibility. I’ve seen hosts of all levels. Some may seem superb on the surface but then you find there are subtle limitations that prevent you doing what you want. For instance I was recently helping someone with a host that gave them everything with the exception of a 2mb filesize limit on http uploads. Not a problem for a lot of sites but for him having an open picture gallery this hosting was far from suitable.

Best bet is to do your research. Find a host near you with a good reputation and one that doesn’t sign you up to long contracts. If they do not suit then you can quickly move to another. The most important thing here is to keep your url with a dedicated registrar. I keep mine here in the UK with 123reg.co.uk who really only host domain names. If I was to change host then it only takes a few seconds to point my domain to that new host.

I would also recommend that if you are willing to learn a little linux have your own virtual server. That way you will have full control over all the settings. Make sure they have an emergency rescue panel (so if your server does crash you can bounce it). Make sure they have some remote backup space that you can automate backups too. Just do your research.

As an example, look at what bytemark offer with their virtual machines facilities wise and you will see what a good host should provide.

iguinee Friend

<em>@compcard 229258 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you been able to install the quickstarts without any uploading problems?. I want to be able to install these quickstart without any problem from the hosting server. i’ve been trying to work it out with them but haven’t had the best results yet.</blockquote>

Quickstart is very easy to install on the Cpanel. Very intuitive. If you are stuck, just visit joomla! forums or Joomlart here.

However, as Phill has mentioned, it is important to consider your location and the type of hosting services you would like. There are shared hosting, virtual and dedicated servers, etc.

And, depending on your budget. The ones I have mentioned to you are shared hosting and low budget.

john203 Friend

I will also recommend using bluehost they are quite good and supportive.

sarasotacleaningservice Friend

My web designer, Razworks, uses Nexcess. My website runs great and Razworks swears by them, so I would recommend them. Phil Luckhurst makes a great point. I read a blog at Razworks that talks about the exact same thing, that you need to choose a web hosting company within your country. Not only does it make tech support easier, but I also read that performance can be affected if you are using website hosting that is overseas from your location.

petboardingsarasota Friend

Is Godaddy ok for hosting? I’ve heard both good and bad.

sharrydan Friend

My favorite host is HostGator with 24/7 live chat customer service.

I think it is equally nice for Joomla as for any other platform. They have Fantastico – a convenient wizard for installation of popular content management platforms including Joomla and Drupal.

I have not seen any downtime with them. Everything works smoothly and as expected. Highly recommend HostGator.

TomC Moderator

<em>@john203 241226 wrote:</em><blockquote>I will also recommend using bluehost they are quite good and supportive.</blockquote>

I actually second this recommendation – I have been very happy with BlueHost thus far.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum