Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I have a question regarding how to host your joomla sites on Amazon web services?
    I know many people are doing it but don’t know how and what service i need to get. Now joomlart is offering an extension to host joomla files to amazon service. Is it possible to host a Joomla site in Amazon services or only files such as images and css files?
    What service is the best for joomla? What will be the rate if i have about 6 joomla sites and current monthly bandwidth is about 200-400 gb and have about 3500 visitors per day

can somebody help?

Thanks

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

What you are looking for can be solved with Amazon EC2 service, with that you can run your sites as instances. We are using it for the demo site builder.

The component Amazon S3 will help you push your selected files (images / css / JS, zips, videos) to Amazon S3 service and you can top that with Amazon Cloudfront service. Thats what we have done with JoomlArt main site.

I would not recommend to put the whole site on Amazon EC2 if you do not have much experience about it. You can try to adapt the way we are doing for our main site. Our main server load has decreased significantly and the bill for cloudffront / amazon is not significant.

If you plan the cloudhosting, then confirm the propogation time for updates, for example, if you update a file, how much time will it take to reflect. at times its between the 24-48 hrs….

Research well before making a move.

Arvind

santoshalom Friend

Thanks Mr.Arvind for your reply. I have a question regarding Joomlart Amazon S3 plugin. It is possible to select different folders to upload from joomla backend using this plugin. i see only one folder selected in demo video which is images. i would like to do my js folder and css folder do i have option?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Forget the video. The new version almost done is almost different, the folder or even single file upload / disable is in your hands now. You would control what to upload.

You can take the site root as default and then choose the folders to upload, its like multi select for enable / disable. Plus profiles are also being added. So you can save your profile. IF all goes well, may be multi-bucket support would also be incorporated.

Let me know if you wish to test drive it. I can give you the dev copy and even show you how to use / configure it via teamviewer.

Arvind

hamlethub Friend

I have an S3 bucket set up, and would like to have the users be able to upload image files to S3 through Joomla.

I have the cname directory set up. Can you tell me what permissions, or what else I need to do, in order to enable the users to be able to upload images (wrtite) to the S3 directory through Joomla?

Thanks
    Ken

mzorali Friend

<em>@drarvindc 204238 wrote:</em><blockquote>Forget the video. The new version almost done is almost different, the folder or even single file upload / disable is in your hands now. You would control what to upload.

You can take the site root as default and then choose the folders to upload, its like multi select for enable / disable. Plus profiles are also being added. So you can save your profile. IF all goes well, may be multi-bucket support would also be incorporated.

Let me know if you wish to test drive it. I can give you the dev copy and even show you how to use / configure it via teamviewer.

Arvind</blockquote>

I am currently paying $200/month for a dedicated server hosting, and my client can not afford it Can you please explain to me in simple steps how to run the website from a shared virtual server with $50/month, and the rest from Amazon S3 / Cloud Front/ EC2.
    My website is just a newspaper, with lot of articles, and lot of online users at once.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@hamlethub 336790 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have an S3 bucket set up, and would like to have the users be able to upload image files to S3 through Joomla.

I have the cname directory set up. Can you tell me what permissions, or what else I need to do, in order to enable the users to be able to upload images (wrtite) to the S3 directory through Joomla?

Thanks
    Ken</blockquote>

with JA S3 component, user won’t upload file directly to S3 bucket, user will work normally as they did before (upload file to your hosting, that means you do not need update any extension on your site).
    After then, JA S3 componen will upload these files to S3 bucket on the next steps and replacing urls to these files with S3 distribution url, you will have an option to delete file on your hosting after they are uploaded to S3 bucket to save hosting disk. These operations can be perform manually or automatically (via cron job)

@mzorali that is the way JA S3 component save your hosting disk and bandwidth

Jay Rigby Friend

Hi there,

I am trying to host several Joomla sites using AWS.

The issue I am trying to solve is auto scaling.
    I have setup a elastic beanstalk environment, with a load balancer and auto scaling group for the website.
    I have also installed and configured to the JA Amazon S3 Component on the Joomla deployment.

My question:

If the site has two ec2 instances in setup in round robin rotation:
    a: Will uploaded files still be deployed correctly to S3?
    b: Admins / users logging in may hit a either server and not the original ec2 server the files were uploaded to – will they still be visible from S3 via the backend?
    c: we have other extension that upload images – would these best just be covered in the directory upload to S3 via cron?

For Joomlart do you use any load balancing or autoscaling? Do you think it is necessary?

Your advice would be much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Jay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jay Rigby 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum