Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m a paid member and I have yet to get any resolution to the many bugs contained in your Koniga template. I’m very disappointed…your user’s guide is incomplete, missing sections and too breif. There is nothing detailed about it what-so-ever. You sure are eager to take peoples money but then leave them blowing in the wind when it comes to trying to figure out your bug infested templates!

seandiggins Friend

Same deal with bugs in Avian II related to the “JA customised” RSGallery.
    Unusable in a professional website.

Sean

TomC Moderator

<em>@mfoliver 50409 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m a paid member and I have yet to get any resolution to the many bugs contained in your Koniga template. I’m very disappointed…your user’s guide is incomplete, missing sections and too breif. There is nothing detailed about it what-so-ever. You sure are eager to take peoples money but then leave them blowing in the wind when it comes to trying to figure out your bug infested templates! Perhaps you should take lessons from RocketTheme…they have their act together and at least respond to your problems in a timely manner!>:(</blockquote>

Gee, for someone who only just joined the club in March and has posted a whopping 10 posts – half of which are nothing but complaints – it seems that you are spending an awful lot of time being bitter rather than focusing on working with your website.

By the way, you yourself indicated one of your issues was solved – on 04-18-2008, 06:11 AM – in the Koniga section.
    So your claim that you “have yet to have any resolution” is not accurate.

seandiggins Friend

what has the number of posts a person has contributed got to do with the customer service they can expect?
    does someone have to be a long time club member to expect actual communication from JA?
    No right to complain if you are new here, is that what you are saying?

I dont know about the original poster’s complaints, but I have also been a member for only a short time. I joined to buy Avian II. I’ve read many, many posts in these forums. It seems like a nice place. The only thing I have wanted from JA since buying the Avian II template is communication regarding the major bugs affecting the Avian II gallery. A fix (full or partial, I dont know) was promised for 24 March. It never arrived. And nothing but silence from JA since then.

I’m experienced in web design, 47 years old, quite patient and very familiar with management of software development projects (but I’m not a developer). I think it is fair to expect a reasonable standard of customer service. I dont need really detailed help files or anything – I just want someone from JA to keep their customers informed, especially when a template is broken (in my opinion, Avian II qualifies as being broken). That is, unless you install the Quickstart and dont change a thing……

I’m not sure what else I can do except keep asking?

Or should I go elsewhere for templates?

Sean

Hung Dinh Friend

<em>@mfoliver 50409 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’m a paid member and I have yet to get any resolution to the many bugs contained in your Koniga template. I’m very disappointed…your user’s guide is incomplete, missing sections and too breif. There is nothing detailed about it what-so-ever. You sure are eager to take peoples money but then leave them blowing in the wind when it comes to trying to figure out your bug infested templates!</blockquote>

Hi mfoliver,
    Your issues is a usage issue, not a template issues. The template use big font to make a balance and as a feature of the templates. Just reduce the font-size and thing will work fine.

seandiggins Friend

<em>@seandiggins 50418 wrote:</em><blockquote>what has the number of posts a person has contributed got to do with the customer service they can expect?
    does someone have to be a long time club member to expect actual communication from JA?
    No right to complain if you are new here, is that what you are saying?

I dont know about the original poster’s complaints, but I have also been a member for only a short time. I joined to buy Avian II. I’ve read many, many posts in these forums. It seems like a nice place. The only thing I have wanted from JA since buying the Avian II template is communication regarding the major bugs affecting the Avian II gallery. A fix (full or partial, I dont know) was promised for 24 March. It never arrived. And nothing but silence from JA since then.

I’m experienced in web design, 47 years old, quite patient and very familiar with management of software development projects (but I’m not a developer). I think it is fair to expect a reasonable standard of customer service. I dont need really detailed help files or anything – I just want someone from JA to keep their customers informed, especially when a template is broken (in my opinion, Avian II qualifies as being broken). That is, unless you install the Quickstart and dont change a thing……
    </blockquote>

I would now like to post an apology to JA – I was not aware that nguoiabcd is a JA developer. It does not say this in his signature and he didnt say in his posts that he was developer assigned to the RS Gallery issues. I thought he was a forum member offering to help individuals fix problems with their sites – this is useful, but it doesnt fix bugs, it fixes the results caused by bugs only for that customer. But It does seem that I made an incorrect assumption.
    So, I withdraw my complaints about lack of communication, as it is now clear that the developer had indeed responded to posts and had said he was working on fixes.

A suggestion: can JA please ensure that developers clearly state that they are a JA developer when they post to the forums? This would really help newcomers like me.

Thankyou again!

Sean

mfcphil Friend

Sean you will find that there are quite a few developers who are always helping out in the forums

mfoliver Friend

Actually TOM…I had to discover and fix that bug myself through trial and error…are you one of the developers? Funny how the developers don’t identify themselves as such through their log in handles as Sean has pointed out. Also funny how they all come running to defend the problems associated with this group rather than coming to help when assistance is truly necessary. Pitiful:rolleyes:

mfoliver Friend

Hello Hung,

Thank you for responding. Actually I would beg to differ with your explanation of the problem. See this page on my site: http://www.mfoliver.com/index.php?view=article&catid=7%3Afrequently-asked-questions&id=57%3Awill-the-practitioner-be-present-when-i-disrobe-&option=com_content&Itemid=25
    The title slot on the Joomla console does not allow for font reduction…only in the body of the article in WYSIWYG editor am i allowed to reduce font size. Why is the holding slot for the title line very limited in the template. Is there a way to increase limits on this title slot? If not, I assume I need to go in with WYSIWYG editor disabled and reduce font size? Did not think this was possible or required special code which I am not experienced enough to modify without crewing up everything.

Yes all, I’m very novice at this. But that shouldn’t allow you fodder to attack my inability to get around…I’ve paid my membership and I’m entitled to a little help!!!! However, with a decent set of instructions, I can usually figure it out. Does anyone care to offer explanation of why the user guide is so limited and why parts of it are missing on your site?:confused:

Thank you

mfoliver Friend

Thank you Sean for the empathy…amazing how cold some people can be to those new at this. Finally was given a solution…unfortunately we have to resort to the old addage of “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”! I hope to see more improvement and appreciate the assitance from everyone.
    Cheers! Wes

TomC Moderator

<em>@mfoliver 50509 wrote:</em><blockquote>Actually TOM…I had to discover and fix that bug myself through trial and error…[/quote]
    Which is a GOOD thing – wouldn’t you agree? You have now increased your own personal knowledge of the Joomla template file structure and functionality.

mfoliverare you one of the developers?

No, I am not.

Also funny how they all come running to defend the problems associated with this group rather than coming to help when assistance is truly necessary. </blockquote>
    This has been something that has certainly been an issue in the past – and one which I have seen Hung and some of the developers actively trying to remedy to the best of their ability. You also have to understand, however, that monitoring each and every post throughout the JA Forums is neither Hung’s nor the JA Developers sole responsibility in life. Many of them have full-time careers and other clients as well.

So, while I would agree that the absence of relative timely responses has certainly been an issue, I also recognize that this is an area where Hung and his team are actively trying to improve upon.

Menalto Friend

I just wanna drop in and let you guys know one thing.
    For the release of JA-Teline 2, we tested this template for almost 3 days in different enviroments and all bugs we found was fixed. Still people get bugs in it, so its clearly that many things need to match to get something bug free. I am thinking of set up of the server(this would be nr 1), version of Joomla, experience of using Joomla.
    Teline 2 was the first template that was tested out like this, and for future releases of templates will be tested the same way.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum