Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys can you help me. I have played around with some of the other solutions on this forum and have got halfway to where I want to be at http://www.jakartacocktailweek.com/

Can someone give me some directions on the following:

1. I actually don’t really need it to work as a slideshow I just want it to have the image I have there now and some alternative text where it currently says Creativity in Mind.

2. Which padding setting do i need to change to move the text Creativity in Mind away from the edge of the page as it is to close.

3. How do I work out what size to make my main image so that it does not get stretched like the one currently in use.

4. Which line of code do I edit to move the Premium Sponsors text up closer to the bottom of the picture and the sponsors logos closer to the text Premium Sponsors?

Many thanks.

BTW tried multiple times to attach a screen shot with the markings on it and each time it came back with a red error mark next to it but I could not click on the error mark to see what the problem was.

Jim

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>2. Which padding setting do i need to change to move the text Creativity in Mind away from the edge of the page as it is to close.</blockquote>

in this file /templates/ja_nuevo/css/mod_jaslideshowlite.css line 82

.ja-ss-desc h3 {
    color: #ffffff
    font-size: 60px;
    font-weight: 300;
    margin: 0 0 24px; <----- change here settings
    }

<blockquote>3. How do I work out what size to make my main image so that it does not get stretched like the one currently in use.</blockquote>

Could you please be more detailed ?

<blockquote>4. Which line of code do I edit to move the Premium Sponsors text up closer to the bottom of the picture and the sponsors logos closer to the text Premium Sponsors?</blockquote>

/templates/ja_nuevo/css/template.css line 5299

.row-feature .row-feature-title {
    color: #406a80
    font-size: 24px;
    margin: 0 0 72px; <----- change settings here (72px)
    }

you can add also this modified code to the custom.css file in /templates/ja_nuevo/css/

James Weston Friend

Hi Pavit,

Getting close now.

2. This moved the Creativity in mind text over but not the text and learn more box underneath it. I tried a few other sections of the code adding the same margin but I obviously did not find the right one.

3. Ok sorry did not explain myself properly is 1180 × 700 the right size for the main image on the front page?

4. That solution worked as it moved the logos closer to the heading Premium Sponsors. However, I also want to move the Premium Sponsors text up closer to the bottom of the main picture. How do i make the gap there smaller?

Many thanks Jim

pavit Moderator

Hi

2. This moved the Creativity in mind text over but not the text and learn more box underneath it. I tried a few other sections of the code adding the same margin but I obviously did not find the right one.

You can obtain this effect moving down the description block .ja-ss-desc { bottom: 25%;} and then moving up the h3 .ja-ss-desc h3 {
    margin: 0 60px 64px;
    }

You can play also with button .ja-ss-desc .btn {margin-top: 44px;}

BTW you should manage these settings to adjust it as you wish

<blockquote>3. Ok sorry did not explain myself properly is 1180 × 700 the right size for the main image on the front page?</blockquote>

Template is responsive so if you add a width and height to the main image you will loose the responsive feature since it will mantain always the same dimension on all resolutions.

<blockquote>4. That solution worked as it moved the logos closer to the heading Premium Sponsors. However, I also want to move the Premium Sponsors text up closer to the bottom of the main picture. How do i make the gap there smaller?</blockquote>

try adding a negative value to the row-feature title as showed in my previous post

.row-feature .row-feature-title {
    color: #406a80
    font-size: 24px;
    margin: 0 0 72px; <----- change to margin:-40px 0 72px;
    }

James Weston Friend

Thanks Pavit.

All fixed now apart from whichever setting I change I cannot get the text “Jakarta Cocktail Week will take place between November 10th – November 16th 2014 and showcase and celebrate Jakarta’s dynamic drinks scene. ” to move over the same as the main heading and the learn more button.

Also could you explain “Template is responsive so if you add a width and height to the main image you will loose the responsive feature since it will mantain always the same dimension on all resolutions.”

I am confused what size to make the image. When I look at it on my ipad it looks great and the right dimension. On my desktop it is stretched and elongated. I think I need to make the image size I save and upload wider would that be right?

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>All fixed now apart from whichever setting I change I cannot get the text “Jakarta Cocktail Week will take place between November 10th – November 16th 2014 and showcase and celebrate Jakarta’s dynamic drinks scene. ” to move over the same as the main heading and the learn more button.</blockquote>

Please try to post a screen shot mockup somewhere so i can take a look at it

<blockquote>I am confused what size to make the image.</blockquote>

It looks good on my desktop

James Weston Friend

Hi Pavit sorry for some reason I cannot attach any images I keep getting an red circle error next to the image. If you want to PM me an email address I can send the files to you.

Other wise if you look at the left hand side of the page you will see it looks sort of like this. I need to move the Jakarta Cocktail Week in line with the Mixing It and Learn More.

Mixing it up in Jakarta
    Jakarta Cocktail Week will take place between November 10th – November 16th 2014 and showcase and celebrate Jakarta’s dynamic drinks scene.
    LEARN MORE

In regards to the image in the original image the glass is not as wide as it is on the desktop if that makes sense.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  James Weston 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum