Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I would like to know what file to edit that will prevent the Featured Articles on the home page from opening in a popup window. I would like to just link directly to the article. I believe this is confusing for the end user, they click once on the home page, window opens, only see image, have to click again to see article content and copy.

Thanks

MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

If you don’t want to show popup when clicking to items, you can disable it by going to administrator -> template manager -> JA Fixel templates, go to tab “General” and set “Popup View” as “No”

Regards

1. 2626181316
    wouterdm Friend

The pop-up has been disabled. But I want to prevent that clicking opens the full article. Is there a way to link the thumbnail to a page instead of showing the full article?

Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

Each thumbnail on the homepage is image of article content actually, hence, it will open full article page when you click. This is default feature of Joomla. We just re-style the display (in grid) of these articles due to concept of template.

Saguaros Moderator

Each thumbnail on the homepage is image of article content actually, hence, it will open full article page when you click. This is default feature of Joomla. We just re-style the display (in grid) of these articles due to concept of template.

fredgnome Friend

Following up on that, is it possible to prevent those links then? I would like to have the exact same front page behavior/look but no link to anything from the thumbnails. Is it possible?

Thank you.

angsto Friend

I really like Popup view , but i want this in shop , i want to disable this popup view just on home page. Is it posible?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

If you don’t wanna link to article page, you can disable the Linked Titles option via ‘Home’ menu item of your site: Backend > Menus > Main menu > Home > Options (tab): http://prntscr.com/9hx084

fredgnome Friend

Thanks a lot.

Saguaros Moderator

You’re welcome!

angsto Friend

Is it possible to have popup view just on JoomShopping section and to disable it on home page?

Saguaros Moderator

@angsto,

Did you try with my above suggestion ?

You can access the backend setting of Home menu item on your site and turn OFF the Linked Titles option while in the menu item of ‘Shop’ page, you keep enabling this option. It would work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum