Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m developing a new site using Oslo template on Joomla 3.7.3. Site (in progress) is here.

I’ve got a pretty serious bug: when I reload the home page, most of the content disappears.

It then reappears if I clear the cache and reload. But then disappears again if I reloading without clearing the cache.

In particular, it is the modules placed in the T3-content-bottom position that disappear, along with the side (tab) menu listing these.

Any ideas how to stop my homepage content disappearing upon reload?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Could you record a video for the issue? I open your site, refresh several times but the homepage looks the same (also clear cache).

niklasalbin Friend

Hi, thanks for taking a look at our problem. Here’s a video demonstrating the bug.

Saguaros Moderator

It’s weird, could you share the admin login info and FTP account so I will take a look?

niklasalbin Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

It due to the cache settings on your site, I change it to Progressive cache in Global Configuration on your site and it works now.

Kindly check.

niklasalbin Friend

Thanks – the homepage seems to be working properly now.

However, I’m getting a similar problem with the JA Masthead module in article view, e.g. here.

When the page first opens up, everything looks great. But when I refresh/reload, the masthead image becomes distorted, the heading title changes colour, and the article info is replaced by the article intro text.

Again, when I clear the cache, the page Masthead goes back to looking like normal.

Is this a related problem?

Saguaros Moderator

Do you have any other cache extensions enabled on your site? Or in server side? Pls try to disable it first. It due to the cache issue.

niklasalbin Friend

No, we do not have any other cache extensions enabled on the site.

The problem does not occur if we turn caching off in the site’s global configuration settings. But the module / template should work with caching turn on.

Is there a module / template fix for this?

Saguaros Moderator

Which cache option you’re using in Global Configuration?

I can’t access backend of your site now with provided info.

niklasalbin Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I can’t access with this info: http://prntscr.com/geqs6u

Is that ok with this cache settings on your site?

niklasalbin Friend
    Saguaros Moderator

I tried to set with Progressive Caching option and it works, could you try again?

niklasalbin Friend

I’ve just tried, but it still doesn’t work for me with the Progressive Caching option. The JA Masthead module formatting is still changing upon reload/refresh (in article view).

Here’s a video demonstrating the problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  niklasalbin 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum