Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

While I love the the home page showing images as 120×120, it’s not very practical that the client will use 120×120 images in all of their articles like what is presented in the JA Rave demo. I replaced an image in an article that appears on the home page of this test site and it’s showing the top left of the image on the home page. How can I make the home page images either crop from the center or resize by ratio on the home page?

You can see what I mean if you look at http://www.gam.greenlakestudio.com.

I changed the image in article “Joomla 2.5 templates day with Obama” to one of the Joomla images. I’m sure when regular photos are used, showing the top left of the image at it’s normal size will really look messed up since most photos typically focus on the center of the photo.

This is a common problem in most of the news templates for me and my clients. If I could learn how to correct this issue it would be most helpful.

Thanks,
    Linda

Phill Moderator

Have you tried the JA Thumbnail plugin? With that you can set the way the crop is done. Take a look at the link in my footer for an example. Not using Rave but Community+. You will get the idea though.

lindaatl Friend

Yes, that is exactly what I need. I’ll try it out, as it is not used in the newest version of JA Rave. I hope JA Thumbnail will override the settings in this template. I’ll let you know. Thanks!

lindaatl Friend

Beautiful! It did override the template settings for the homepage and is doing exactly what I needed. Thanks a ton Phill!

Phill Moderator

If you have problems PM me a super admin account, link to your sites admin panel and ftp details and I will take a look for you. Please include a link to this thread in your PM.

Phill Moderator

Excellent news. Good luck with your site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum