Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello…
    I am experiencing a problem on using JA Multilingual.
    My site default language is in Italian. After translating contents, menus, modules, etc. to English the Home menu in Italian (my site/index.php/it/) disappeared while other menus are functioning. In contrary the Home menu in English (my site/index.php/en/) was Ok included all other menus. After then I tried to do translation in French to to try again everything. Now Home menu in French (my site/index.php/fr/) is functioning and also other menus. But the Home menu both in Italian and English are not functioning.

I hope somebody can help me. I use JA Teline V template. It is a last test site that will go live soon.
    I thank you in advance.

Yohanes

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Yohanes,

You can PM me URL and admin login info of your site + how to replicate the issue, I will check for you.

(The provided info in this thread doesn’t work).

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Yohanes,

You can PM me URL and admin login info of your site + how to replicate the issue, I will check for you.

(The provided info in this thread doesn’t work).

yohanes Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    I thank you so much for your reply.
    I have sent you a Private Message to provide some necessary access .

Yohanes

yohanes Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    I thank you so much for your reply.
    I have sent you a Private Message to provide some necessary access .

Yohanes

Saguaros Moderator

I can’t access your site with provided URL in your PM:
    <blockquote>The page you are looking for cannot be found.</blockquote>

Kindly check again.

yohanes Friend

Hello, Saguaros.
    I have sent you the right URL and the access to site.

Thanks,
    Yohanes

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Yohanes,

Thanks for the info.

This issue is weird, pls try to re-create that ‘home’ menu item in IT language. And also try to turn off SEF url in global configuration, I also tried but it keeps noticing that the configuration file is not writable.

yohanes Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
    I have turned off Search Engine Friendly URLs. I have also recreated ‘Home’ menu copying from english working and creating a fresh ‘Home’ menu in italian. But it is not working. Yes it so weired. It has to do with some moduls associated?

May you help me.
    Yohanes

Saguaros Moderator

You can try to follow this guideline from Joomla for how to set up multilingual site step by step: http://multilingual.demojoomla.com/multi-lingual-steps-by-steps.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum