Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have installed Fixel quickstart package and have home page with many active modules and sample content.

I am planning to make a new site and want to use Quickstart to clone the demo site and replace the demo content with ours.

When I go to backend and check module position home-1 I would expect to see all the active modules that I can see on frontpage – but that is not the case!

While I can see the JA Masshead, Google, Facebook, Twitter modules, JA Slideshow Lite, ADV1 and ADV2 – I cannot find the modules for all the sample content on the frontend homepage.

So I am lost and do not know how to replace demo content with my one.

1. 2013-12-30_1953
    TomC Moderator

Are you certain all of the appropriate modules you’re looking for are activated/published?

mberwing Friend

Hi Tom,

to me the # of modules on position home-1 on backend should be the same # of modules visible on frontend home page.
    And this is not the case.

So it is not logical to me why I can see on my Quickstart homepage almost 20 articles while I do not see any in backend under position home-1- just the modules in screenshot.

Or do it misunderstand the technique on how to place content on the homepage ?

TomC Moderator

The articles themselves are not modules . . . they are content that you assign – via the Content/Article Manager – to the respective module (i.e. JA NEws or K2 or whatever).

phong nam Friend

Hi mberwing,

<blockquote>So it is not logical to me why I can see on my Quickstart homepage almost 20 articles while I do not see any in backend under position home-1- just the modules in screenshot. Or do it misunderstand the technique on how to place content on the homepage ?</blockquote>

The Homapage layout (Featured Articles menu type) of JA Fixel template consists of modules and featured articles displayed on the item grid layout. You can check out the Layout tab of Home menu item to see from which categories the homepage is getting featured content. See the screenshort for reference:

1. featured
    mberwing Friend

Perfect….this answers all my questions and all is clear now how it works.

Thanks a lot and wish you all the best for 2014 and a prosperous year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mberwing 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum