Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Please tell me JA are NOT going to start releasing JA versions of the magento templates as the template each month? I didn’t join to get revamped poor quality magento crap, I thought going to 1 template per mth was supposed to allow for creativity and better templates? 🙂

bmtoth Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 163807 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please tell me JA are NOT going to start releasing JA versions of the magento templates as the template each month? I didn’t join to get revamped poor quality magento crap, I thought going to 1 template per mth was supposed to allow for creativity and better templates? :)</blockquote>

Exactly what I was thinking! :laugh:

ar2solutions Friend

<em>@uniquebiz 163807 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please tell me JA are NOT going to start releasing JA versions of the magento templates as the template each month? I didn’t join to get revamped poor quality magento crap, I thought going to 1 template per mth was supposed to allow for creativity and better templates? :)</blockquote>

Dude, think about it this way, most if not all of JA’s templates require NO web development (mostly graphic supplement) from a developers point of view… When i looked at this one, i started picturing things that can REALLY go well with this template! background… modules… images… text color… logo…footer…slideshow… and most important, color scheme!

I dont know about you, but this is probably the only template that JA has released that will be individualized the most! meaning… they have left room for improvement!!
    ………………………..That IF you are a web developer..

well, thats how i think of it…

BUT, i hear ya! we ARE paying top notch for their services…

-Ar2solutions.com

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@ar2solutions 163887 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dude, think about it this way, most if not all of JA’s templates require NO web development (mostly graphic supplement) from a developers point of view… When i looked at this one, i started picturing things that can REALLY go well with this template! background… modules… images… text color… logo…footer…slideshow… and most important, color scheme!

I dont know about you, but this is probably the only template that JA has released that will be individualized the most! meaning… they have left room for improvement!!
    ………………………..That IF you are a web developer..

well, thats how i think of it…

BUT, i hear ya! we ARE paying top notch for their services…

-Ar2solutions.com</blockquote>
    Hi AR2
    Most of us consider ourselves web developers/edsigners, that is we can use PS or Fireworks and know about css editing etc. However, If the template is done well as other JA ones have been it lessens the amt of customisation needed to achieve something ok, The argument that if you don’t customise a template club’s design enough to make it almost unrecognisable as a template avoids 300 others having the same look and feel, is IMHO BS, it’s the content that makes it always a different site, not necessarily the design.

For instance I’m using very much a demo default look on two sites using Rasite and they look diffeerent only in colour and content, but no one will ever mix them up cause they are two different commercial ventures.

I hope you understannd what I’m saying, JA makes good looking templates, but if I want magento looking templates I’d join the Magento club etc

BTW My name is Shannon, “dude” actually is a term for a camel’s penis 😉

ar2solutions Friend

Shannon,

sorry for the name mistake… was kind of in a hurry.
    I agree with everything that you have said.

One point i’d like to make out is, yes, CONTENT is king in web development/design! But when good content
    is annexed with design that appeals the basic user(s), it will go along ways. More then just the content alone..

Even though JA makes pretty good templates (in design) normally, its the developers responsibility to
    really take that template and raise it to a level that IS distinguishable amongst the 300 templates that you were talking
    about….

And YES, JA needs to templates that is distinguishable than the Magento temps.. I guess thats the point that you
    were tyrna make out from the beginning 😉

For example: msauw.org
    compared to: http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_lead

Please excuse the two TOTALLY different contents 🙂

AR2solutions.com

opmo391 Friend

Well, I guess I have to be the one to chime in on the other side of this one….

I personally don’t have an objection to them porting a Magneto template over to JA if it adds value to the overall collection. I actually needed something for my personal blog, and lime seems like the best option yet for that sort of thing.

I think JA kind of hit a slump for a while, but they’re definitely out of it, when you look at their latest offerings (The fact that they refreshed the V-mart templates was a big deal to me also). I subscribe to this site is because they save me alot of time and on balance, they seem to be way ahead of all but one or two of their competitors.

itsnexgen Friend

I dont know.. whats happening. But surprised to see not interesting templates coming in.. moreover i am amazed why they are not coming up with unique components for JATC members. Believe me 450$ is not a small amount they are asking for.. quality is just going down & so as thier support!

thatcomputerdude Friend

CONTENT has absolutely NOTHING to do with “Template Design”.

You can take different words and put them into the same template and the DESIGN is going to look the EXACT same.

For high end website design/development firms – they use these template club templates as a starting point to save hours of not having to “reinvent the wheel” with thousands of lines of CSS and php code.

If you want to give your clients a generic looking template that 100’s of other people are giving their clients, that’s completely up to you and I’m not here to judge your business practices.

However some of us run CUSTOM design firms that use these templates to save project hours, which in turn saves our clients money. Do some of our project look like the default template? Yes, if the client wants that. But most of our projects use the template as a starting point and then we change the graphics.

I like some of the Magento themes and don’t care where these designs come from – just as long as they are unique and easy to customize for our projects.

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@thatcomputerdude 164129 wrote:</em><blockquote>CONTENT has absolutely NOTHING to do with “Template Design”.

You can take different words and put them into the same template and the DESIGN is going to look the EXACT same.

For high end website design/development firms – they use these template club templates as a starting point to save hours of not having to “reinvent the wheel” with thousands of lines of CSS and php code.

If you want to give your clients a generic looking template that 100’s of other people are giving their clients, that’s completely up to you and I’m not here to judge your business practices.

However some of us run CUSTOM design firms that use these templates to save project hours, which in turn saves our clients money. Do some of our project look like the default template? Yes, if the client wants that. But most of our projects use the template as a starting point and then we change the graphics.

I like some of the Magento themes and don’t care where these designs come from – just as long as they are unique and easy to customize for our projects.</blockquote>

What you seem to ignore being a “CUSTOM WEB Professional (which I am not by a long shot 😉 . . . is that not every client wants a lot of customisation to the template if its good and functional outta the box,

Furthermore the medium sized orgs that I am using pretty much the default look for don’t care if 100 others are using the same template look and colours, giving the 300 million or so web sites out there the chances of someone wasting their time trying to track down other sites with the identical template is BS,

Having checked first that there are no other performing arts sites using JA Opal and no religious evangelist portal sites using Rasite with VM my clients are happy, and happy clients pay on time, don’t hassle me etc

I see no Churches using edenite which is hardly changed from demo look here

No evangelist using Rasite in this site under development or no Performing Arts Centre using JA Opal as in this development mock up

So my clients don’t agree with the view that sooner or later all sites web wide will be JA default unaltered templates and all website will look the same, with no way to distinguish them apart from url, content and host/

Have a good one computerdude, your opinion works brilliant for you and your business, mine does it for me

Shannon

thatcomputerdude Friend

So what is your point exactly?

You just said what I said…

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@thatcomputerdude 164143 wrote:</em><blockquote>So what is your point exactly?

You just said what I said…</blockquote>

I actually didn’t think i said the same as you, rereading it I still don’t see I did

larryndeb Friend

uniquebiz;163807Please tell me JA are NOT going to start releasing JA versions of the magento templates as the template each month? I didn’t join to get revamped poor quality magento crap, I thought going to 1 template per mth was supposed to allow for creativity and better templates? 🙂

Yes it is true, Ja is making JM templates into JA templates. So what, this gives me the chance to use a JA template on a site that may have a store attached to it even if the store is not the main part of the site. Then I can use the identical JM template on the store section giving the whole site the same basic look without a lot of trouble. What a great idea JA.

Besides this, if they did not do this they would be getting request for them anyways. Some folks would see a Magento template they would want for their non-store site and would not want to have to join the JM club to get it. Believe me, that would really make for a mess.

The only thing I would like to see is a reasonably priced developer membership that included all JA, JM, JD? (Drupal), all extensions and components.

Regardless, Keep Up the Good Work JA! 🙂

Larry at AmityWebs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  larryndeb 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum