Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Can you please provide details on how to create a highlight module in JA_Nickel (as per your demo page)?
    The instructions and user guide are not useful and are often more confusing than helpful (e.g. your custom module instructions)

Thanks

Michael

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@mhoegen 122172 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you please provide details on how to create a highlight module in JA_Nickel (as per your demo page)?
    The instructions and user guide are not useful and are often more confusing than helpful (e.g. your custom module instructions)

Thanks

Michael</blockquote>

The best way to replicate the highlight module, is to download the quickstart, install it on your localhost or server and then compare the backend settings and change them accordingly on your site.

may be you can also include a link to your site, it would be easier to know where the problem is. If you want i can attach the backend screenshot of highslide module configuration from the demo installation.

regards

arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

May be i got confused with highlight and highslide.

To change the highlight module to demo type. Open your highlight module in the module manager>> on the right side in the field module “Module Class Suffix” add _highlight . That should give you the desired effect.

regards

arvind

mhoegen Friend

I have installed quickstart. If there is supposed to be a highlight module, please state so. I’m not giving you access to the dev site. You can attach a screenshot of the module config.

Thanks.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@mhoegen 122181 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have installed quickstart. If there is supposed to be a highlight module, please state so. I’m not giving you access to the dev site. You can attach a screenshot of the module config.

Thanks.</blockquote>

I din ask for access to your site. In the module class suffix of any module if you put _highlight that will give you the red color highlight style. Hope this is what you are looking for,

regards

arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Here is the screenshot of highlight module settings :

Hope this explains what i have been trying to say above.

regards

arvind

mhoegen Friend

That solved it.
    Thanks!

Michael

ShannonN Friend

mhoegen;122181I have installed quickstart. If there is supposed to be a highlight module, please state so. I’m not giving you access to the dev site. You can attach a screenshot of the module config.

Thanks.

A bit rude and very demanding of someone who’s stuck and requires help don’t you think? considering you were not asked to provide access to your dev site, such posts really are insulting to those of us who are unpaid volunteers and fellow members NOT JA moderators or the development team

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@ShannonN 122193 wrote:</em><blockquote>A bit rude and very demanding of someone who’s stuck and requires help don’t you think? considering you were not asked to provide access to your dev site, such posts really are insulting to those of us who are unpaid volunteers and fellow members NOT JA moderators or the development team</blockquote>

Yaa agreed ShannonN, i thought its just me who felt bad, i guess he did not read my first reply asking him to post a link to his site, he must have mistaken that with admin link. Ofcourse, there are polite ways of saying no, but this one was blunt.

arvind

eric67 Friend

Hello,

If we move the hightlited module on the left column the class suffix doesn’t work. Please, how to resolve that?

Thanks,
    Eric.

alt_f4 Friend

NOT SOLVED

<em>@eric67 130776 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

If we move the hightlited module on the left column the class suffix doesn’t work. Please, how to resolve that?

Thanks,
    Eric.</blockquote>

I´ve got the same problem. Any suggestions?

Kind regards, Michael

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  alt_f4 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum