Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

In the demo I find “Highlight module” in the right of the template. according to what it says,

“The Highlight module randomly selects one of the published items from a category upon each page refresh. It may also dislpay multiple items in horizontal or vertical configurations.”

But on installation I just find only a Custom HTML module being used. And I dont find any module with such function to display contents with changing colour options of blue and green and brick.

Am I wrong? I did try find a module which does that but dont find one.

Thanks,

billyk Friend

Hi there, bytestor.

Would you provide a link to the page you’re talking about? I believe it may be that all you need to do is enter the mod class suffix in the module configuration to see the results you desire.

Regards,
    billyk

<em>@bytestor 115695 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

In the demo I find “Highlight module” in the right of the template. according to what it says,

“The Highlight module randomly selects one of the published items from a category upon each page refresh. It may also dislpay multiple items in horizontal or vertical configurations.”

But on installation I just find only a Custom HTML module being used. And I dont find any module with such function to display contents with changing colour options of blue and green and brick.

Am I wrong? I did try find a module which does that but dont find one.

Thanks,</blockquote>

bytestor Friend

Hi,
    Module class suffix is to change colours to brick or blue or green and thats it.

The function mentioned is not possible with custom html module to randomly publish item from a category. Again there is a module mod_related_items this only displays other related items being viewed based on keywords given and we cannot set this module to display items from one section or category only.

billyk Friend

OK, if you installed from the QuickStart package, it should be in the modules section of your admin control panel. I believe you would need to enable it in the the right position and assign a section/category ID in there, too. I am not sure there’s a separate module to download and install but you could look under the Joomla Extensions menu item above.

Please forgive me if I am way off track. Just trying to help!

<em>@bytestor 115699 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    Module class suffix is to change colours to brick or blue or green and thats it.

The function mentioned is not possible with custom html module to randomly publish item from a category. Again there is a module mod_related_items this only displays other related items being viewed based on keywords given and we cannot set this module to display items from one section or category only.</blockquote>

bytestor Friend

<em>@billyk 115703 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Please forgive me if I am way off track. Just trying to help!</blockquote>

Thats fine, I installed quickstart already n tried it and found that joomlrt to have used custom html module to illustrate and that module has no such function as it says, n thats why I am here to see a solution for it.

Anyway thanks for trying to help me in it.

scotty Friend

Yea the text in that box is misleading. It is only highlighting the fact that the modules have some suffix applied and it is not actually a random content module.

The good news is there is a random content module available and you can get it here… http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/content-&-news/random-news/4406/details

bytestor Friend

<em>@scotty 115706 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yea the text in that box is misleading. It is only highlighting the fact that the modules have some suffix applied and it is not actually a random content module.

The good news is there is a random content module available and you can get it here… http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/content-&-news/random-news/4406/details</blockquote>

Dear Scotty,

Thank you very much. Thats the exact module I was looking forward.

As you said that text is misleading. Joomlart has to update with right info for the customers. How do you think we can inform JA about this? I did find another issue n I posted in the forum couple of weeks back n no update or reply was found. I feel its our responsibility to inform JA about this so they can give us a better product n upgrade their service as well.

Thanks again Scotty.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bytestor 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum