Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi!
    I need to hide the “New” link in the article category list layout view. Can anyone steer me to which file and perhaps the line that I can edit to achieve this?

Just for background, I use the “Content Submit” plugin to let my publishers only submit articles to specific categories, via menu items I’m providing. So I’m trying to get rid of any links that allow publishers to select sections or categories while in the article submission form. Content Submit does lock the selection, but the standard article form does not. So I’m trying to get rid of all the other possible links that submit articles. I think this category list “New” link is all I need to hide. There doesn’t seem to be a “New” link in the category blog layout. If anyone knows of any other place which allows publishers to post articles wildly to any category they like, I’d appreciate the heads up!

Phan Gam Friend

<blockquote>I need to hide the “New” link in the article category list layout view. Can anyone steer me to which file and perhaps the line that I can edit to achieve this?</blockquote>
    Hi,
    Do you want hide the page title for category list layout? If YES, you can goto backend>>Menu Item Link for this category>>In Parameters (System) Tab>> Set Show Page Title is NO.
    hope that helps

fader8 Friend

No, not the title. The “New” link for creating a new article, at the bottom of the list that’s always there in a category article list layout. That’s what I need to hide. See attached pic:

1. NewProblem
    Phan Gam Friend

To remove this link, you can goto default.php under templatesja_oreshtmlcom_contentcategory folder.
    Find code below

<?php if ($this->access->canEdit || $this->access->canEditOwn) :
    echo JHTML::_('icon.create', $this->category, $this->params, $this->access);
    endif;

Remove or comment code above

fader8 Friend

Thanks Phan! That appears to have done the trick!:D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fader8 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum