Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

I was wondering how to hide the top page (called ‘About Us’ by default) from the main menu. I still want the page to be visible, I just don’t want it to be in the menu.

Thanks.

himangi Friend

Hi

To remove the Page menu item from the Ja Cloris,

1. Go to Extensions > Template Manager > JA Cloris > Layouts Tab.
    2. Edit DEFAULT layout. and remove the following <blockquote><page name=”about-us” type=”modules” title=”About us” class=”light first-item”>page1</page></blockquote> and save the layout.
    3. Check if the menu is gone from frontend.
    4. Then you can create a simple menu item for About Us article in Joomla from menu manager..
    philipandrews Friend

Sorry, I didn’t explain myself very well. I still want the About Us page to be the main landing page of the site, with the other pages (Features, Services, and so on) below it when you scroll down. Basically, I want everything to be exactly like in the demo site, just without the About Us link in the main menu.

Is that possible?

himangi Friend

Hi

No that is not possible. If you keep the <page name=”about-us” type=”modules” title=”About us” class=”light first-item”>page1</page> in the layout then the menu at top will appear and the page will appear in the scroll..

imported_marlayn Friend

I have a similar question, is there any way to “hide or delete” the “home” link or is it the same as the About us link? When I’m in Firebug I am able to delete the code <span class=”menu-title”>Home</span> and the word “home” disappears from the menu. I’m not sure if it is ok to delete this code or where to find it to delete it. Can you help?

Thanks, M

imported_marlayn Friend

I figured it out!

I finally found under Menus>Main Menu>Home>Parameters (JA Extended)>Show Title > No

Thanks

jooservices Friend

Hi,
    Thanks for you updating and sharing your solution.
    This topic now will be marked solved
    Thanks
    Viet Vu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum