Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Can you tell me how can I hide the main content block on home page? I know I can do a global hide in the global settings of the template, but I only need the home page.
    Thank you.

chavan Friend

This is compoenent and there is no position for this.

I hope you can unpublish all the frontpage articles and also the page title hide in the “Home” Menu Parameters (System) -> Show Page Title – No

By doing this you will have a huge empty space.

clampert Friend

Chavan, thanks for taking a shot at this. I did unpublish all frontpage articles, so nothing is showing aside from the modules. My problem however is that there are a few extra lines left there which I would like to get rid of. The lines are normally framing the frontpage articles, but since there are no articles on my homepage, they are unsightly and have no use there.

chavan Friend

Please provide your live url and also a screenshot of what you need to remove

Phill Moderator

This is quite simple and one of the great things about the T3 system, We can create new profiles and enable them for specifig pages or groups of pages only.

First go into the template manager for your chosen template. Click on the profiles tab and make a copy of the profile you are using and in that new copy set the option “Hide Main Content Block” to “Yes” and save the settings.

Then go into the “Global” tab and in the “Profile Override Settings” (Page Assignments in J1.6) and you will see to columns one headed “Pages” and the other “Profiles”. The former is used to select which pages or sections to apply a profile to and the latter is the choice of profile. So we got to the box “Click to Add” and you will be presented with a dropdown. In that dropdown select he page you want to hide the content block on (in your case the mainmenu item, Home). Then in the right column select the profile you created earlier.

Finally save your settings and clear the jat3 cache. In some cases you might also have to clear any cookies set by your site.

As well as doing simple things like hiding the content block you can use the same method to slelect different colours or layouts for different pages or sections. Anything that can be changed in the profile tab can be assigned here giving you a lot of options.

clampert Friend

Thank you very much, Phill! I thought I read something similar on the forum somewhere and was looking for it, but wasn’t able to find it. I’ll give it a try.

slavonec Friend

Thanks Phill!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  slavonec 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum