Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello , I just installed JA K2 Search and Filter on joomla! 2.5 , I created 7 categories and 7 extra field group for each category
    I created the extra field for each group , the problem is – when I search on the front end – all the extra fields appear on the module position , and when I choose specific category from the drop down list , the extra fields assigned to this group became active and all the other extra fields become in-active , I want to hide the in-active extra fields , and just show the extra fields related to the chosen category
    Please Help me – Thanks

MoonSailor Friend

Hi maroo87,

Could you please be more specific so that I can offer the proper help?

tiomy4 Friend

Hello, I have the same problem with JA K2 Search and Filter on joomla 2.5.9 .
    I just start using a Joomla at all and Can’t understand how to hide extra field for the group in search bar.

I planing to create for my car-shop web site, car offer gallery with search module “JA K2 Search and Filter”.
    For example I create 6 categories and 6 extra fields group and connect them with material and hide
    Filter By Keyword, Filter By Category, Filter By Author.

Extra Fields groups:

1″Модели”- Models (BMW,VW,MB)
    -2″BMW Марки” – BMW series (1 series, 2 series, 3 series)
    -3″VW Марки” – VW series (Bora, Jetta)
    -4″MB Марки” – MB series (CLK,600,GL)
    5″Годвыпуска” – Year (2000 – 2006 , 2007 – 2009, 2010 – 2013)
    6″Топливо” – fuel (gasoline, diesel )

I need to hide a few extra Fields groups (“BMW Марки” ,”VW Марки”,”MB Марки” ) in my car firs page offer gallery

But when web site visitor choose in extra field “models (BMW,VW,MB)” for example “BMW” and then appear
    “BMW series (1 series, 2 series, 3 series)”, Choose “1 series” push Search button and search results.

Can you help me, Thanks.

1. My-1-page-in-car-offers-gellery
    MoonSailor Friend

Hi,

<blockquote>
    I need to hide a few extra Fields groups (“BMW Марки” ,”VW Марки”,”MB Марки” ) in my car firs page offer gallery
    </blockquote>

In back-end of modules, you can set show/hide extra fields in search form as set checkbox checked.

1. extra-field
    tiomy4 Friend

How hide extra field i no. You don’t understand me right . I need to configured JA K2 Search & Filter module would be, when site visitor choose in extra field named “Model”( BMW,VW,MB) for example “BMW” and then appear extra field withe named “BMW series” ( 1 series, 2 series, 3 series), Choose “1 series” push Search button and search results.

How to do this? can you help me with that ?

1. 2-
    MoonSailor Friend

Hi tiomy4,

Each extra fields of k2 component is independent and have no relationship with each other.

<blockquote>
    when site visitor choose in extra field named “Model”( BMW,VW,MB) for example “BMW” and then appear extra field withe named “BMW series” ( 1 series, 2 series, 3 series), Choose “1 series” push Search button and search results.
    </blockquote>

Your request is for customization of the module, which i am afraid, we will not be able to provide, the support scope does not cover customization requests.

tiomy4 Friend

Ok, Thank you for fast answer . I hope in new version of JA K2 Search & Filter module would be opportunity to do so . 🙂

HeR0 Friend

<em>@tiomy4 367328 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, Thank you for fast answer . I hope in new version of JA K2 Search & Filter module would be opportunity to do so . :)</blockquote>

Because the K2 does not support Extrafield multi level yet. So your request cannot be implement.

Regards

dancsy333 Friend

Hi! (I am using JA K2 Filter Package for J25 & J31 1.07)

When I select a category, which use an extrafield group, than I select a different category, which use an other extrafield group, the input fields disappear, but the label does not. It is possible that the labels disappear too?

I found a code (mod_jak2filterassetsjsjak2filter.js)

if(value != 0 && group != ”) {
    //active only extra fields of group that assigned to selected category
    var css = ‘exgroup’ + group;
    $$(‘#’+parentid+’ .exfield’).setStyle(‘display’, ‘none’);
    $$(‘#’+parentid+’ .exfield’).each(function(item){
    if($($(item).getProperty(‘id’)+’_img’)){
    $($(item).getProperty(‘id’)+’_img’).setStyle(‘display’,’none’);
    }
    });
    $$(‘#’+parentid+’ .’+css).setStyle(‘display’, ‘block’);

$$(‘#’+parentid+’ .’+css).each(function(item){
    $($(item).getProperty(‘id’)+’_img’).setStyle(‘display’,’block’);
    }
    });
    } else {

//active all extra fields
    $$(‘#’+parentid+’ .exfield’).setStyle(‘display’, ‘block’);
    $$(‘#’+parentid+’ .exfield’).each(function(item){

$($(item).getProperty(‘id’)+’_img’).setStyle(‘display’,’block’);
    }
    });
    }

(Sorry for my English)

Thank you,
    Daniel

HeR0 Friend

Yes @dancsy333 , we will improve this feature in the upcoming version, kindl wait and check our update news.

fotrosa Friend

I have such a problem. Is there any solution for that?

alanwmh Friend

Hi – I have the same problem. Is there anyway to resolve this? the extra title (although the textbox disappeared) is very annoying.

HeR0 Friend

Hi there,

Please wait! The new version is coming very soon.

Regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum