Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

hi, i need to know what code to insert to hide the default menu on certain joomla pages in certain categories. im not referring to the menu modules, i mean to default menu at the top of my site template. see here

http://emmanuelbeauty.co.uk/mix1/no-nonsense-muscle-building

khoand Friend

Could you give me a snapshot with your annotation to illustrate your idea?

gavner Friend

here is example

1. nononse
    gavner Friend

<em>@khoand 282742 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you give me a snapshot with your annotation to illustrate your idea?</blockquote>

can you help?

tfosnom Friend

Hi Gavner
    A quick search of Google for hide menu etc. led me to this Joomla org link. http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=606844
    While it may not be exactly what you want reading the link etc. may give you clues and advice
    Cheers Shane

Remember Google has a lot of answers

gavner Friend

<em>@tfosnom 282996 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Gavner
    A quick search of Google for hide menu etc. led me to this Joomla org link. http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=606844
    While it may not be exactly what you want reading the link etc. may give you clues and advice
    Cheers Shane

Remember Google has a lot of answers</blockquote>

thanks, but i did already google and found this post..it dosnt hide the menu on specific pages, i think it hides it altogether

khoand Friend

Example: you want to hide menu on Homepage has id is 1, you try a trick:
    You replace this code from /templates/ja_helio/index.php

<?php $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>

with

<?php if($jamenu->open[0] != 1) $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>

gavner Friend

<em>@khoand 283060 wrote:</em><blockquote>Example: you want to hide menu on Homepage has id is 1, you try a trick:
    You replace this code from /templates/ja_helio/index.php

<?php $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>

with

<?php if($jamenu->open[0] != 1) $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>

</blockquote>

ok sorry i was using article id not menu id. it works for one menu, but how do i activate for multiple menu id

gavner Friend

any ideas?

khoand Friend

it works for one menu, but how do i activate for multiple menu id

ex: you want to disable few menus have id = 1,5, 77, 9. You use

<?php if($jamenu->open[0] != 1 && $jamenu->open[0] != 5 && $jamenu->open[0] != 77 && $jamenu->open[0] != 9) $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>

gavner Friend

<em>@khoand 283300 wrote:</em><blockquote>ex: you want to disable few menus have id = 1,5, 77, 9. You use

<?php if($jamenu->open[0] != 1 && $jamenu->open[0] != 5 && $jamenu->open[0] != 77 && $jamenu->open[0] != 9) $jamenu->genMenu (0); ?>
    </blockquote>

ok thats great!!! thanks. one last thing, how can i hide the template logo on the same pages, for example, i know this is different template but the code is similar. How can i hide this logo at the top ‘birmingham chauffeur services’ for menu id’s?

http://yourbcs.co.uk

khoand Friend

You replace this code from index.php

<h1 class="logo">
    <a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $siteName; ?>"><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>
    </h1>

with

<?php if ($jamenu->open[0] != 1 && $jamenu->open[0] != 5 && $jamenu->open[0] != 77 && $jamenu->open[0] != 9){ ?>
    <h1 class="logo">
    <a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $siteName; ?>"><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>
    </h1>
    <?php } ?>

gavner Friend

<em>@khoand 283642 wrote:</em><blockquote>You replace this code from index.php

<h1 class="logo">
    </h1>

with

<?php if ($jamenu->open[0] != 1 && $jamenu->open[0] != 5 && $jamenu->open[0] != 77 && $jamenu->open[0] != 9){ ?>
    <h1 class="logo">
    </h1>
    <?php } ?>

</blockquote>

i did it, ok that it nice, but i really want to hide the whole div id ‘ja-header’ so the page moves up with no waisted space, how can i do this?

khoand Friend

You remove this code from index.php

<div id="ja-header" class="clearfix">

<?php
    $siteName = $tmpTools->sitename();
    if ($tmpTools->getParam('logoType')=='image') { ?>
    <h1 class="logo">
    </h1>
    <?php } else {
    $logoText = (trim($tmpTools->getParam('logoText'))=='') ? $config->sitename : $tmpTools->getParam('logoText');
    $sloganText = (trim($tmpTools->getParam('sloganText'))=='') ? JText::_('SITE SLOGAN') : $tmpTools->getParam('sloganText'); ?>
    <h1 class="logo-text">
    <a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $siteName; ?>"><span><?php echo $logoText; ?></span></a>
    </h1>
    <p class="site-slogan"><?php echo $sloganText;?></p>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if ($this->countModules('top')) { ?>
    <div id="ja-login">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="top" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

</div>

gavner Friend

<em>@khoand 283727 wrote:</em><blockquote>You remove this code from index.php

<div id="ja-header" class="clearfix">

<?php
    $siteName = $tmpTools->sitename();
    if ($tmpTools->getParam('logoType')=='image') { ?>
    <h1 class="logo">
    </h1>
    <?php } else {
    $logoText = (trim($tmpTools->getParam('logoText'))=='') ? $config->sitename : $tmpTools->getParam('logoText');
    $sloganText = (trim($tmpTools->getParam('sloganText'))=='') ? JText::_('SITE SLOGAN') : $tmpTools->getParam('sloganText'); ?>
    <h1 class="logo-text">
    <a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $siteName; ?>"><span><?php echo $logoText; ?></span></a>
    </h1>
    <p class="site-slogan"><?php echo $sloganText;?></p>
    <?php } ?>

<?php if ($this->countModules('top')) { ?>
    <div id="ja-login">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="top" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php } ?>

</div>

</blockquote>

but i only want hide on certain pages??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  khoand 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum