Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

First post so I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all the team for the great job you are all doing here, Loving the Themes you guys are coming out with.

I am currently playing around (so to speak) with JA Mesolite template, J1.5.6 and VM 1.1.2 on a local computer. Can someone please help me with two things that I’m stuck on? The first problem is CSS related I want to put borders or boxes around all my category images (about 30 images). I believe I need to make changes to:

templates/ja_mesolite/css/ja.vm.css

#vmMainPage a.category {
    color: #666666;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

My second problem is graphic related, I’ve changed the background colour to #990000 (red) and I would like to keep the rounded corners, I believe I need to make changes to the following gif files main-bl, main-br, main-tl and main-tr.

I’ve tried all sorts to resolve the above two problems but to no avail, any help on this will be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

TonyG

tonyg Friend

Three days and 23 views on, not a single reply to my first post, just in case I wasn’t clear enough I have attached screen shots. Hopefully I will get some response from support team.

1. Categories_borders
    2. rounded_corners
    Menalto Friend

For the rounded corners, are you able to attach a full screen shot of the header of the template? And which modifications you have done to it?

Sherlock Friend

Hi tonyg !
    About border around categories , you do it following way below :
    open ja.vm.css file in templates/ja_mesolite/css folder , add code section below to it :

a.category img {
    border:1px solid red;
    }

Sherlock Friend

About rounded conrners , Please open template.css file in templates/ja_mesolite/css folder , find some code sections below :
    at about line 653 :

#ja-headerwrap {
    background:#FFFFFF url(../images/main-tr.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;
    height:100px;
    }

and at about line 658 :

#ja-header {
    background:transparent url(../images/main-tl.gif) no-repeat scroll left top;
    height:100px;
    line-height:normal;
    position:relative;
    }

they are css code for righ and left rounded conrners. I think you have modified it or missing image for it .Please checkc again !

tonyg Friend

Hi Hainn84

Thanks for your help on this, the css code for the categories did the trick.

Regarding the rounded corners: I changed the original background colour from light grey to red (#990000) and as main-tr.gif and main-tl.gif was made to match grey I took them out in an attempt to modify them to suite the current red background. Unfortunately I failed miserably, if you got any tips on how I can achieve this I will be most grateful.

Once again many thanks

tonyg Friend

Hi Menalto,

Thanks for the response, please find attached a screen shot from my previous post above. Although it’s not a full screen shot I hope it will give you a good idea. As far as modification, I changed the original background colour from light grey to red (#990000), as a result I lost the original rounded corner effect.

I’ve tried to modify, recreate the two gif files main-tl and main-tr which gave the original background the rounded effect but I am not getting any where with it, so any help, tips will be very much welcome.

Once again thanks for responding.

Menalto Friend

Please try to attach it again, i did now see it here?

tonyg Friend

Hi Menalto,

Please find attached a screen shot, as stated in my previous post it’s not a full screen shot but it will give you a good idea.

Many thanks

1. rounded_corners
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tonyg 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum