Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

I need to translate the following:

[/URL]

I’ve been up and down the code but I couldn’t fint these bits, what a head acke!!
    Could somebody help me please?

Kind regards,
    Miguel

khoand Friend

Hi,
    – You change this code from modulesmod_janews_featuredtmpldefaultblog.php in the line #75

<?php echo JText::_('of')?>
    – You change this code from languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini in the line #28, #148

SETTING="Setting"

MORE="More:"
    – You change this code from templatesja_teline_ivhtmlmod_jabulletindefault.php in the line #55

<span class="createdate"><?php echo JText::_('Publish').': '; echo JHTML::_('date', $item->date, JText::_('DATE_FORMAT_LC4')); ?></span>
    Clean cache

s_migui Friend

Thank you very much for your answer.

It did work with “Of” and “Publish”, but not with the other two…

I’ve cleaned cache and used another browser but it didn’t work

khoand Friend

You add this code from languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini

OF="of"
    PUBLISH="Publish"

– Clean cache

s_migui Friend

Hi Khoand
    Thank you very much for your reply

The ones that I need to find now are MORE and SETTING. These two I have found them on the code but still shows in english at the frontend (I have cleaned cache and everything but still…)

khoand Friend

You add and change this code languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini

OF="of"
    PUBLISH="Publish"

– Clean cache

houdini Friend

s_migui, did you follow khoand’s second post?

He asks you to edit this file: languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini and change code on lines #28, #148

SETTING="Setting"

s_migui Friend

<em>@houdini 258338 wrote:</em><blockquote>s_migui, did you follow khoand’s second post?

He asks you to edit this file: languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini and change code on lines #28, #148

SETTING="Setting"

</blockquote>

Yes I have… with no luck at all

I have installed a spanish package, do you think that might be affecting part of the translations?

houdini Friend

Yes… en-GB means English-Great Britain. Please make the change also in the language file you have currently set to default. Let me know if that solves it for you.

s_migui Friend

<em>@houdini 258454 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes… en-GB means English-Great Britain. Please make the change also in the language file you have currently set to default. Let me know if that solves it for you.</blockquote>

Hi houdini, thank you very much for your reply.

I have modified these lines in en-GB and also created a translation as es-ES but still shows the text in english.

EDITED:
    P.D.: I have realised that, even tho I have the file translated in both en-GB and es-ES, only when I put English by default it comes up with the right text… how come?!

I will explain myself:
    es-ES.mod_janewspro.ini is exactly the same as en-GB.mod_janewspro.ini, but it only works when I set English by default.

houdini Friend

s_migui,

What was your default language setting before you tried this?
    Are you using language packs? Because you should have a spanish langauge pack installed for joomla to detect and use es-ES.mod_janewspro.ini.

s_migui Friend

My default language setting has been Spanish all along, I have a pack installed.

piotras100 Friend

I have two test sites with J1.6+Teline IV. One of them with Polish (PL) language, second only with English (United Kingdom). I heve to translate into Polish some messages like “Settings”, “More”, “Read more” and everything in Settings panel at the frontpage (“Check all”, “Intro Items”, “Link Items”, “Show Image” etc.).
    On test site (with Polish language) I have made all changes to languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini
    Now I have Ustawienia (Settings) but there are no “Więcej”. Still i have MORE. 🙁
    I have made some translations in modulesmod_janews_featuredtmpldefaultblog.php and they are working fine.

After last post from houdini I have made some translations in modulesmod_janews_featuredtmpldefaultblog.php and languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini on my only English test site. But there are no Polish messages in janewspro. Of course I have cleaned cache… Why there is no Polish translation here?

1. translations
    s_migui Friend

<em>@piotras100 258491 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have two test sites with J1.6+Teline IV. One of them with Polish (PL) language, second only with English (United Kingdom). I heve to translate into Polish some messages like “Settings”, “More”, “Read more” and everything in Settings panel at the frontpage (“Check all”, “Intro Items”, “Link Items”, “Show Image” etc.).
    On test site (with Polish language) I have made all changes to languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini
    Now I have Ustawienia (Settings) but there are no “Więcej”. Still i have MORE. 🙁
    I have made some translations in modulesmod_janews_featuredtmpldefaultblog.php and they are working fine.

After last post from houdini I have made some translations in modulesmod_janews_featuredtmpldefaultblog.php and languageen-GBen-GB.mod_janewspro.ini on my only English test site. But there are no Polish messages in janewspro. Of course I have cleaned cache… Why there is no Polish translation here?</blockquote>

Thats exactly the same problem I have

piotras100 Friend

In thread: “How to translate “MORE” from JA newspro to spanish?” I have found the answer to Settings (Ustawienia) panel and More 🙂

Now I have to find how to change date on the left top of frontpage from MM DD YYYY to DD MM YYYY and translate: “Last update08:56:01 PM” into Ostatnia aktualizacja: 20:56 😉

1. polski
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  khoand 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum