Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Can someone from the staff help me get this setup for one example so I understand what I am doing?

I am new to this and completely lost.

Thanks,
    James

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

Did you read our document at
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-amazon-s3-for-joomla-2-5-user-guide/

There are some main steps you must do is:
    – configuring one Amazon S3 account
    – creating Amazon S3 bucket to store file
    – create sync profile to define which files and folder will be put to bucket
    – upload files from your host to S3 server
    – then your files are being loaded from S3 server instead of your host

Hope it’s helpful for you

hjames Friend

I am sorry but none of this makes sense to me.

The New JA S3 component is different than that of the samples and the samples do not provide full details.
    I setup my account, a single bucket and am now at the File Browser. I have my Bucket selected but no files are viewable.

I honestly don’t even understand what file types can be used here? What benefits? Etc..

Ultimately with my site and probably most others CSS, JS and Images kill the page load times.
    I want that fixed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    James

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello hjames,

I have created new bucket and configured default profile for you.
    Now, you need go to “File manager page” of default profile, and upload your files to S3 server (click upload links for each enabled folder).
    After uploading is finished, on front-page, you will see your files are loaded from S3 server instead.

FYI:
    – you should create bucket name with only lowercase.
    – I have uploaded images folder and modules folder to test.

hjames Friend

Thank you Thanh!

Can I ask what is this best used for? Is this going to load my JS and CSS from AmazonS3? If so, should I see performance increases?
    Also, is there a limit to what I would want to use S3 to store?

Thanks,
    James

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello hjames,

You can use S3 to storage all static files (images, video, document, zip, included css and js files), but server script files (eg: php, asp,..).
    It will help to decrease bandwidth loading, since the files will be load from s3 server instead.
    And if you sign up cloudfront service of Amazon WS, your files will be distribute in cloud, It will help to increase speed loading of your site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum