Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I made this joomla site on localhost, and it’s ready to “go online”. My template of choice – your lovely Ja Labra. Here is the problem: On localhost everything works, no issues. I uploaded and kickstarted the site with Akeeba: Now, Flowlist doesn’t show anything (it’s just a big blank space).

I tried to see if changing the module settings could help. Current settings was:
    Flow list from: Contents
    Auto resize: No

Nothing helped, except when I changed those settings to:
    Flow list from: Folder
    Auto resize: Yes

Now I could see the images in Flowlist, though these settings I don’t want. If I only change auto resize to yes and keep content as source it doesn’t help. Or if I choose folder as source without auto resize to yes it doesn’t work either. But, from this – we can understand something about where the problem might be, I hope.

Joomla version is 1.5.23, and I’ve tested in both firefox and explorer. Again, remember that it works perfect on localhost. I don’t see why it shouldn’t be solvable. Also, I am not a professional, rather an amateur. For whatever I know there might be an easy solution to this that I just don’t see.

I’ve read like every post about Flowlist that I could find here on the forum, but nothing was helpful for my issue. I did renew my membership on joomlart.com just for this issue alone, so I really hope there is some help out there.

Thanks on advance!

pavit Moderator

Hi finshi

Have you checked all chmod on your server ? all folders must be writable chmod = 755 for folders and 644 for files

finshi Friend

<em>@pavit 279617 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi finshi

Have you checked all chmod on your server ? all folders must be writable chmod = 755 for folders and 644 for files</blockquote>

Hi, thanks for trying to help!

Yes, there was some similar threads to mine, where they suggested to check out the CHMOD for JA flowlist files and folders. I did this for those files they suggested. I haven’t checked out CHMOD for all joomla related files and folders, is that necessary? Also, if the problem was CHMOD restrictions, would Flowlist still work under the settings: Flow list from: Folder.
    Auto resize: Yes. Like it does for me now?

pavit Moderator

Hi finshi

Your issue could be due to others wrong config, but we must exclude this for first, so we can check all other possibilities

finshi Friend

I understand

But how do I easily check the CHMOD for 11.763 files and 1.607 folders (the joomla site). This will take forever manually. I only checked if the files and folders under the folder modules/mod_jaflowlist/ had 755 and 644, and they did. There was talk about that modules/mod_jaflowlist/ja_flowlist/content_xml.php needed the right CHMOD settings, not the whole site. But, when I take a random look, it seems 755 and 644 is the standard. Only file I found with 444 was configuration.php in the root. Should I change that to 644?

pavit Moderator

<blockquote>Should I change that to 644? </blockquote>

No leave it at 444 it’s not involved in your issue

anyway I think that if your module on localhost works fine and on live server don’t then the problem is to search in your folders and their settings and not in the functionality of the module

at this point i’ll ask to your hosting provider the best chmod settings for a joomla site on their servers

unfortunately i cannot see any other solution

as you said before the module works fine so we don’t need to investigate more in the module software

finshi Friend

Hi

I contacted my hosting provider, briefed the support guy about my issue. He couldn’t help me specifically without having an error message. All the settings mentioned is something I can change individually. I don’t think there is anything wrong with their server settings. They have a lot of sites like joomla running good on them. This is all I can say; it’s so not my field of expertise.

I would so appreciate some specific help right now. Thanks to everyone trying!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  finshi 12 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum